Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the limbsaver 10112 recoil pad for my t-3 ss/syn. Looking for someone who has installed one; do you have any advice for me? I figure it's put on with phillips screws, how big of screwdriver should I use?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The recoil pad is held in place with two phillips screws and the new recoil pad should come with two new screws. I prefer to use as big of a screwdriver as will fit in the holes in the recoil pad. This should reduce the chances for stripping out the screws. When removing the old pad, I noticed that it had a lip that actually fit inside the stock. The limbsaver did not have such a lip, it just had a flat base. I haven't had any problems with the limbsaver, just thought it was odd that a recoil pad for that exact rifle wouldn't be identical to the normal pad.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Limbsaver pad

The Limbsaver recoil pad is thicker and adds to the length of pull (LOP).
This can be a good think or a bad thing. If it makes the gun to long you have to think about taking off part of the stock. That discouraged me from putting one on one of my Tikka's. Buckfever

·
Registered
86 Posts
handwerk- these are very easy to install. I use a small bit of grease (vaseline or something will work) on the end of the screwdriver. It makes it slide in\out easier and seems to close the holes back up more invisibly...... to all....I know I opened myself up to many cheap shots with this post.......please keep it civil guys! :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts