Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the longest time I have really liked the look and feel of the Tikka bolt action rifles.

Now, I am looking for a 25-06 and am thinking about the Tikka Whitetail Hunter Stainless Synthetic.

Does anyone have this rifle? What are your thoughts?

Look forward to your replies.

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Tikka Whitetail Hunter Stainless: Opinions?

Look at my other posts. I have 2 Tikkas - 1 Tikka Laminated Stainless in 25-06, and 1 Tikka Stainless Synthetic in .243.

I absolutely LOVE both of these guns. However, I like the .25-06 better because it has the laminated stock. Yes, it's a bit heavier, but it feels rock solid and it shows: sub inch groups at 100 yards with no problems. The Tikka synthetic stocks are not as good as the laminated ones, but they are still, in my opinion, better than the Winchester plastic stocks, and MUCH better than the Remington plastic stocks.

There is really nothing bad that anyone can say about Tikkas.

Zachary

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Zachary,

Thanks, I'll check out your other posts.

I tend to like beat up synthetic stock better than beat up wood. I really take care and baby my guns, but I'm upset when that first scratch shows up on my nice wood stock.

I'm going to go and try to order the Tikka SS Synthetic in 25-06 tomorrow.

Can't wait.

Steve

·
Registered
49 Posts

I bought a Tikka Whitetail Hunter SS in l.270 Winchester last summer and have only sent about 2 boxes of ammo through it. It is one accurate and pleasant rifle to shoot rifle!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Zachary and Smokey,

Thanks for the replies.

Did a little calling around today, and found the last 25-06 Whitetail SS Synthetic in Beretta's inventory. :)

I was going to wait for the T3, but supposedly it weighs about 1 pound less than the Hunter Series. Pretty sure the new T3 synthetics stocks will be cheap just like Remingtons and Winchesters.

I can't wait, maybe Friday or more likely Monday I'll have her. Got a Nikon Monarch 3-9X40 waiting.......

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts

Good choice on the Nikon Monarch 3x-9x-40mm...I have that same scope on my Tikka Whitetail Hunter Stainless Synthetic in .243. I'm just waiting for the rings to come in.

Zachary

·
3,205 Posts

Great choice. I really like my Tikka in 243 with the Nikon monarch scope. It is the most comfortable rifle to carry of any that I have had. The same rifle in any most any other caliber would be just as good. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts

Wow, it looks like quite a few of us like the Tikka/Nikon Monarch combination. That's great! :grin:

Zachary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts