Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SAVANNAH, Ga. — An Army cook and single mom may face criminal charges after she skipped her deployment flight to Afghanistan because, she said, no one was available to care for her infant son while she was overseas.

Spc. Alexis Hutchinson, 21, claims she had no choice but to refuse deployment orders because the only family she had to care for her 10-month-old son — her mother — was overwhelmed by the task, already caring for three other relatives with health problems.

Her civilian attorney, Rai Sue Sussman, said Monday that one of Hutchinson's superiors told her she would have to deploy anyway and place the child in foster care.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,558 Posts
She either needs to go overseas or be prosecuted for fraud. She was required to have a signed statement on file that she had someone to take care of her kid in the event of a deployment. Otherwise they never would have allowed her to join the military, or to stay in the military.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,730 Posts
She is responsible for having a realistic dependent care plan... her supervisor, first sergeant and commander are also responsible for this. Realistically, all they can do is ask her about her long term care giver. They can't interview the care givers for every one in their unit. Yet another reason why I don't think we should have single parents in the military. They are a REAL drain on units and duty sections. Typically they are younger and lower ranking, they are supported by government subsidies in child care, WIC, etc... Sometimes they take up an inordinate amount of time and effort for their chain of command to "help" them.


NGH
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
She needs to be imprisoned and the child put up for adoption. The child will be better raised by someone with moraily or courage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42,140 Posts
Lock her up, or ship her out. Not like she didn't know she might go to war. POWDERMAN. :mad: :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She blew it and now needs to pay the price. The essential problem is that when you are in the military, they own you. They can do whatever they want with you and the only way out is to serve out the contract, die, got to prison, get kicked out, or become a fugitive. If you don't like those terms, then you have no business in the military. Family does not come first for any soldier.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
Questor said:
She blew it and now needs to pay the price. The essential problem is that when you are in the military, they own you. They can do whatever they want with you and the only way out is to serve out the contract, die, got to prison, get kicked out, or become a fugitive. If you don't like those terms, then you have no business in the military. Family does not come first for any soldier.
Questor Why don't you take her place or babysit for her?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
ms the lady should have never joined up if she couldn't handle both family and military.

You're "family comes first" banner in light of her personal actions here is the same banner the libs wave whenever they want to abuse the taxpayers or suck a little more freedom from those that advocate personal responsibility.

You learned that well, apparently.

ms said:
Questor Why don't you take her place or babysit for her?
She didn't ask me. Guess she didn't use all her options before she flipped off her VOLUNTARY contract
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,442 Posts
ncsurveyor said:
ms the lady should have never joined up if she couldn't handle both family and military.

You're "family comes first" banner in light of her personal actions here is the same banner the libs wave whenever they want to abuse the taxpayers or suck a little more freedom from those that advocate personal responsibility.

You learned that well, apparently.

ms said:
Questor Why don't you take her place or babysit for her?
She didn't ask me. Guess she didn't use all her options before she flipped off her VOLUNTARY contract
Maybe she doesn't want to fight a bogus war. I can see apparently your brain washed by the politics on TV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
ms said:
ncsurveyor said:
ms the lady should have never joined up if she couldn't handle both family and military.

You're "family comes first" banner in light of her personal actions here is the same banner the libs wave whenever they want to abuse the taxpayers or suck a little more freedom from those that advocate personal responsibility.

You learned that well, apparently.

ms said:
Questor Why don't you take her place or babysit for her?
She didn't ask me. Guess she didn't use all her options before she flipped off her VOLUNTARY contract
Maybe she doesn't want to fight a bogus war. I can see apparently your brain washed by the politics on TV.
No, I'm brainwashed with fulfilling my obligations and oaths, personal, public, and spiritual.

Brainwashed with not taking advantage of the Reserves pay and educational benefits and crying when you have to pony up.

Again, you can squeeze this lemon any way you want, but if she could not fulfill a promise to fight and die, than she should not have signed up, plain and simple.

And lastly, I don't care which stranger asks something so desperate as to care for her children while she fights, but I would consider it seriously, as a Christian and American. She had/has other options.


BTW, where's the father? And why did she decide to have a baby if she was already enlisted? Without a plan as TN mentioned, she should be court martialed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,517 Posts
ms said:
ncsurveyor said:
ms the lady should have never joined up if she couldn't handle both family and military.

You're "family comes first" banner in light of her personal actions here is the same banner the libs wave whenever they want to abuse the taxpayers or suck a little more freedom from those that advocate personal responsibility.

You learned that well, apparently.

ms said:
Questor Why don't you take her place or babysit for her?
She didn't ask me. Guess she didn't use all her options before she flipped off her VOLUNTARY contract
Maybe she doesn't want to fight a bogus war. I can see apparently your brain washed by the politics on TV.
In this country no one is forced to join the military. If you CHOOSE to join the military you do so with the understanding that you may be deployed, you may be deployed in a conflict you don't believe in, you may deployed to a place you don't want to go, and you may need to leave your family behind. These are not surprises, these are the realities of the job. If you can't handle that part of the job, DON'T TAKE THE JOB.

She should be required to pay back all the money that was spent to prepare her for war, all the money spent on her salary while stateside, and then put in jail. It's cowardice and ignorance, and I honestly can't believe anyone would defend her.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
Well said Dukk! I like millions of other soldiers had to leave my children in others care when going off to war. It was hard but we all came through it fine. Both my son and daughter are currently serving in the Minnesota National Guard. If called they will do their duty.


No one has been drafted into the military. All are volunteers. We had a coward in our unit, he was is and will always be nothing more than a sniviling coward.

I'm sure this young coward will get plenty of sympathy, as the saying goes "birds of a feather". I'm sure there are plenty of cowards who will back her. They come from the parasite class of humanity and they deserve no toleration.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top