Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have had enough time to get yr sales items ready ! You havent posted anything on how to trap or your supposedly duck hunting..... im beggining to think you are a behind the computer lurker with just typing and no getting or fixing traps or pulling the shotgun trigger....what says the rest of the trapping fraternity on here.... Asa you looking , what say you ?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im behind on everything, prewinter yard work, bees, extracting honey, traps half done and that all i will probably do as dont need that many for a short line....If Boggy doesnt get the shotgun out, all he will have is divers and squaw ducks to shoot at !!

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Still working on the supplies,going through everything.
Also spending time on the phone with customers,the one last night was an hour and a half--though I just got back from meeting up with him and delivering his order. New customer to meet up with tonight,he just took his Wisconsin trappers ed class a couple weeks ago. With the cold front hitting,some ducks should be moving down,so maybe get a chance to go next week and check out some of my trapping areas at the same time.
Tom

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright Tom, just remember to keep swinging when you pull the trigger.... By the way you did get some new glasses didnt you ? ? Rally said something that you used alot of shells last yr.........................

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Never used a lot of shells when hunting with Rally,we had very little to shoot at.Thats why we ended up doing a lot of fishing.
Tom

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know Rally hunts pheasants, maybe he doesnt know how to hunt ducks.....LOL.... I always go when the nasty weather front comes in and the ducks usually rain in...one can limit out quickly and you dont even notice the cold wind and rain snow hitting your face and freezing your hands..... ah.. been a long time since i hit one of those..... try it Tom... watch the weather.... remember nasty.... rain and snow...

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
One hindrance to my duck hunting and trapping,I have to travel to do both. 105 miles from home is pretty much the closest area.
Tom

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With that distance to travel you have to plan ahead . You arent allowed to hunt ducks on the river by you? I would think you would have river beavers also roaming.... At least here around me they have areas you can hunt ducks on river and bvrs are there on and off.... in fact they contact trappers to trap them to keep them fm deforesting the islands.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
National scenic waterway--used to trap it in the early 70s,before it was designated Scenic waterway.They say you can hunt it north of Stillwater,being 15 miles from St.Paul--where do you think the city folk come to play??
I travel to hunt and trap,so I am left alone.
Tom

·
Registered
647 Posts
I live in the big city too Tom. But I'm only 10 minutes from the boat landing and short boat ride to the firing line on the refuge. Most all pass shooting ducks up there on the line. Season reopened here this morning and I could hear them popping away. I decided to do something different and went to the winery and picked grapes with my daughter. Got paid a whole $2.00 per 5 gallon bucket filled 11 before they had the poundage they needed for the day. That is probably more money than any **** I'd have been setting out traps for today is worth. LOL!

Mac

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Mark,small town in which I live. Trouble is things have changed a lot in the 30 years we have lived here.
Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts