Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if everyone is getting hit by the high heat temps?
Here in Alabama, the temps are in the upper 90's. Add the humidity on top of that and it's unbearable.
I go to the range every weekend at least once if not twice. But this weekend I haven't been. And the range is covered on the top.
I don't even feel like going outside and cleaning out my UVF barrel.
How is it in other parts of the country???

Dennis :(

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here in southwest MO it is burning hot-temp around 100 with heat index around 115-severely in need of rain. :(

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hot weather

Here in South Carolina the situation is about the same as there in Alabama.A bunch of us who usually get together every Wednesday at the range have not been lately due to the fact of the hot weather.When you are sweating like a sawmill worker and just plain feeling uncomfortable it is hard to enjoy or concentrate on shooting.

·
Registered
191 Posts
South Louisiana: High 90s, heat index well over 100 with the humidity :shock:
Can't wait til September when it gets back in the 80s and cools off :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Same here in East TN. The heat is terrible. It's been in the upper 90's all week and add the humidity. I hate weather like this........don't even want to go out to get the newspaper.......can't wait til Fall is here.....

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Yep...way to hot here in St.Louis as well...and don't look like any relief is due for sometime either.It's bad all over the mid-west...oh.well...the nasty cold weather isn't that far off...so I won't really complain...but...I would like to test out my new Handi's...

Mac

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Bay City, TX 15-Day Forecast

English | Metric
Forecasts: Days 1-5 | Days 6-10 | Days 11-15 | Weekends | All 15 Days | Compare
Currently at 1:10 PM [More Details]
mostly sunny Temp: 90° F RealFeel®: 111° F
Sunday, Jul 24 [Details/AccuPOP]
Partly sunny and humid with widely-separated thunderstorms. Winds from the SSE at 4 mph. High: 92° F RealFeel®: 120° F
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, warm and humid. Winds from the S at 6 mph. Low: 77° F RealFeel: 87° F
Monday, Jul 25 [Details/AccuPOP]
Sunny intervals with a thunderstorm possible in the afternoon. Winds from the SSE at 8 mph. High: 92° F RealFeel: 110° F
Monday Night: Partly cloudy, warm and humid. Winds from the S at 6 mph. Low: 78° F RealFeel: 89° F
Tuesday, Jul 26 [Details/AccuPOP]
Partly sunny. Winds from the SSE at 11 mph. High: 91° F RealFeel: 104° F
Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, warm and humid. Winds from the SSE at 14 mph. Low: 78° F RealFeel: 87° F
Wednesday, Jul 27 [Details/AccuPOP]
Some sun with a thunderstorm possible in the afternoon. Winds from the SE at 16 mph. High: 92° F RealFeel: 101° F
Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, warm and humid. Winds from the SE at 14 mph. Low: 77° F RealFeel: 85° F
Thursday, Jul 28 [Details/AccuPOP]
A morning shower possible; otherwise, partly sunny. Winds from the SE at 16 mph. High: 91° F RealFeel: 99° F
Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, warm and humid. Winds from the SE at 13 mph. Low: 77° F RealFeel: 86° F
Forecasts: Days 1-5 | Days 6-10 | Days 11-15 | Weekends | All 15 Days | Compare

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Here in Maryland we had been in the 90's with heat index's in the 100 degree range for the past week until today. Last week we had very high humidity as a result of the remnants of Hurricane Emily that stalled over the Ohio valley. Lots of scattered Thunderstorms and torrential downpours.

Yesterday and today have been absolutely wonderful. Low humidity, temps in the high 80's - low 90's. Perfect day to be at the range, which is where I spend this morning. Woo Hoo!!

90 degree temps are predicted through mid-week.

EVOC ONE

·
Registered
154 Posts
Im just glad it hasnt rained in 2 days. Its been too wet and damp to do anything here in northeast alabama. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Guys
I wished we had a bit of your heat. We have 44F (+7C).. Had to turn on the furnace to get the house warm. On top of that the wind is blowing with light rain. thought for a while it would snow. I may still do that.

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
NW Ohio here --Too Hot To Breath upper 90s the humitiy is so high that water woln't even evaporate

I work maint. at a local chemical plant , they heat trace everything with steam , well over 110 in most units its stinking hot!!! :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Muddy05 said:
Im just glad it hasnt rained in 2 days. Its been too wet and damp to do anything here in northeast alabama. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!
Where in heck is Heflin??? I'm in Mentone.

·
Super Moderator
50,975 Posts
Fred M said:
Guys
I wished we had a bit of your heat. We have 44F (+7C).. Had to turn on the furnace to get the house warm. On top of that the wind is blowing with light rain. thought for a while it would snow. I may still do that.
Fred, I'd gladly trade you for a mild temp of 44ºF, I can dress for cooler temps, but you can only take off so much for the heat and then you're stuck to live with it!!

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Weeell lik2hunt and I live on pretty tall hills here inOkla. and the winter snow is almost gone. :roll: :roll: But its pushing 100 dg. in town,and its so hot here in Okla. that the hens are laying hardboiled eggs. :-D :-D :-D Digger

·
Registered
550 Posts
too hot to shoot

Here in central West Virginia we are having the highest temps in several years. I work on the Highway and it really gets hottttt...

·
Registered
154 Posts
JPH45, Heflin is about an hour and 20 mins south of you in Cleburne county. I lived in Cedar Bluff for a while then moved to Heflin.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Hot it is

But I just had to go shot my new 204r. Got my in the shade of a tree.
After one shot' to hot to hold. fired 3- 3 round groups best was just under 1 inch. Couldn't any more. came to the house, listen to AC run. Marv.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts