Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got in the stand this morning about 5.30 am, temp about 36-38, wind 15-25 nnw, very strong up in stand, i saw six does no bucks, hunted till about 12:00, i was very cold when i got down out of the stand, when back at 3:00, at about 4:00 deer started coming into greenfeild, at about 4:45 a good eight point came out chasing the does around, he would run into the greenfeild and run out, just at dark he ran back into range i shot the buck at about 90-100 yards with my 500 handi-rifle, he hit the ground no looking for him, the 500 handi-rifle does it again. i was shooting hornady 350 gr.xtp factory loads in the 500, the handi gets another one, i miss my old camo 30-06, happy thanksgiving to all, hope you guys got to hunt or are going to hunt this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
51,257 Posts
Congrats ro, another one chocked up with the 500 Handi!!

Tim

·
Banned
766 Posts
Congrats Ro

I havent got to get into the woods yet since modern gun kicked off ... will try this weekend , let you all know how the 357 mag does

·
Registered
139 Posts
Great job!
Just gotta watch that bullet placement with the 500 I bet. ;D

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Good for you!!!Some good eating ahead of you. I Will be going out Monday morning with another member here. ( Goodwrench ) I hope to get my first one. Dale

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you guys, i have had good a good time hunting the past few weeks, i have let alot of deer walk in the past week, this past saturday evening i when down to my greenfeild stand, i saw 13 does and 2 small bucks, i shot a big doe about 4:45 with the 500 handi, she was about a 120-130 lb doe, we have a very big doe to buck ratio problem, most of the older hunters will not shot a doe, i am 48 years old, we have guys in the club from they early 20's to into their upper 70's, i am about tied of the hole bunch, the young ones are big rack trophy bow hunters and watch too much t.v. the older ones are still living back years ago, i am so gald that i have my own land to hunt on, i would get out of that hunting club but for the turkey, 3000 acres of great deer and turkey hunting, i have not hunted on the club this year,i am just hunting on my place and by the way i saw 18 turkeys in my greenfeild about 9:00 this morning, the big 500 takes another one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts