Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrrrrgh..!!! Not enough time..!!! Three I haven't even shot yet.

But, reloading for the straight cases already and shoot them often.

Sometimes you gotta have choices to discover what's 'right' for us.

Be well...

·
Premium Member
11,226 Posts
rdlange said:
Sometimes you gotta have choices to discover what's 'right' for us.

So can I choose from a couple of yours? ;D This would help both of us. ;)

Thanks, Dinny

·
Registered
12,292 Posts
After a while it will become obvious which ones you really use, and like to reload for, and which are safe queens.
Give us a heads up when group 2 hits the classifieds..... ;)

·
Premium Member
11,226 Posts
I'm actually down to only 5 Handis. 45LC, 45-70, 30-30, 357 Max and a 6.5x55. In a few weeks I'll add a .356 Win. I enjoy loading for and shooting them all. I should have all my bases covered once I get a varmint caliber added.

Thanks, Dinny

·
Premium Member
11,226 Posts

·
Registered
12,292 Posts
That does sound sweet, and just enough different to attract me too; but it is hard to beat the logic of that mil-cal for cost effectiveness.
Logic has often got in my way...... :p , dont let it get in yours ;D .

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I'v scaled back to only two a 45LC reamed to 454 and a 375 max. now the lever guns they never seem to go down just seem to get more and more. :)

·
Registered
12,292 Posts
Ya had to mention leverguns........
I think I should be kicking myself for not getting the Marlin(?) Something, shortie with a ported 44Mag barrel that was walking around a gunshow last fall and spring. It was some 'special' factory offering , IIRC, only available for a couple of years.
Oh well.........
I thinned the 'Handi' herd , readjusted, came to my senses? and re-upped. It does make more sense for what I do to have the 22LR/22Mag swap barrel set up and just bump right up to the small CF 38-55s and into the 45-70 and 12ga slugger. I can avoid all that indecision on which 'inbetween caliber' to grab.
But if a 357 stumbles my way..............

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Don't think I'll ever be able to part with the 357 or 45 all others may come and go but they will always stay. The lever guns I have a real fondness for especially the pistol cal. picked up a 41 mag. that's becoming my favorite.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
well I am down to 4. O I forgot I have a receiver getting 2 fit. O and I forgot I am going to pick up a new one tomorrow. Have parted with atleast 5 but I feel like I am missing something so always get another. I keep looking at the 25-06 bolt guns and saying you know maybee my 25-06 handi really isnt a shooter. Then I take it to the range again and cant get rid of it. Could be worse things in life.

·
Premium Member
16,614 Posts
SHHHHHHH!!

I JUST got the wife convinced its IMPOSSIBLE to have too many and here you go shouting about your having too many!!!!

In the immortal words of Archie Bunker..."Shush...YOU!" :eek: ;D ;D ;D
CW

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I've culled several that just wouldn't shoot for me. Those that shoot good I'll keep. one of those being my 30-30. love the way it shoots with 150 gr NBT's. If you got an extra good shootin' 308 you feel you need to rid yourself of.... I think were I to ever get my hands on a .308 that would do even an inch and a half for three shots at 100 yards, I'd be buried with it! Bottom line is you can't have too many!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.