Graybeard Outdoors banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
The ones that live will be those living far away from crowded cities and have like-minded neighbors that keep a clear head and can be depended on to pull their share of the load and all will have enough land to raise their own livestock and subsistence gardens.
I chose to stand and fight.
Im with fatercat. Why would I want to go out on the road and be a target. Food, water, shelter, guns and ammo are all right here. roads will have shooters posted as thick as the main deer trail on opening day.
With Ranger99 and Fatercat.
Lloyd's right on about the roads. The Amish and Mennonites will do better then most.

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
I have a friend who is a Bigfoot. He said I could come and live with him in secrecy. No one will ever know where we are.
Once in a while the enemy will get a glimpse and take a fuzzy out of focus pic of us,but most won't believe we exist. EMP'S won't faze us.

Not sure I want to spend the rest of my life eating Bugs,roots and worms, so I may just wait and pray the new masters are better than the ones in DC ruining our once great Republic.

·
9,530 Posts
... I may just wait and pray the new masters are better than the ones in DC ruining our once great Republic.
As my Daddy used to say, "many a true word is said in jest!" :tango_face_grin:

I'm also praying that political comments are allowed in the survival forum! :tango_face_sad: Um... wait... NO! I'm NOT praying! :eek: nw_hunter started it! :eek:

:tango_face_wink::tango_face_devil:

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
the ones to end up as buzzard food will be the mall ninjas/web commandos
that stand out in the intersection with their toys and dare someone to eff with
them. the ones that live will be those living far away from crowded cities and
have like-minded neighbors that keep a clear head and can be depended on
to pull their share of the load and all will have enough land to raise their own
livestock and subsistence gardens.
^^^THIS^^^ the way to go !

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Yup, circle the wagons in a far off place and be resourceful. The real zombie apocalypse will be the ANTIFA type city dwellers killing each other off and then coming for us.

I have a 5 gallon bucket full of sealed heirloom seeds that will go with me to our family and friends get-a-way. Lots of guns and ammo two. I also hear that chicken hawks taste good. I could eat grubs, grasshoppers and most anything I reckon. Sure hope I don't have to eat any of those ANTIFA zombies though. I imagine that they would taste like $#!t!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I used to have a little 4 banger, 4 speed, 4x4 Dodge D50 pickup. That little rascal would go anywhere. If I could find another one of those worth fixing up that would be my choice. Besides a little load of wood at a time is enough for me now-a-day anyhow.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
there was pretty much a mixed bag of different bikes in the "real"
mad max movies. (the mel gibson movies)
you have to look hard, but there are some different bikes to be seen
mostly KZ900's and KZ1000's and several SOHC 750 hondas

i still never figured how that dude on the bridge could take that
sliding bike to the head and survive, even with a helmet

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
there was pretty much a mixed bag of different bikes in the "real"
mad max movies. (the mel gibson movies)
you have to look hard, but there are some different bikes to be seen
mostly KZ900's and KZ1000's and several SOHC 750 hondas

i still never figured how that dude on the bridge could take that
sliding bike to the head and survive, even with a helmet
video time 0:50:tango_face_smile:

·
Registered
19,178 Posts
As my Daddy used to say, "many a true word is said in jest!" :tango_face_grin:

I'm also praying that political comments are allowed in the survival forum! :tango_face_sad: Um... wait... NO! I'm NOT praying! :eek: nw_hunter started it! :eek:

:tango_face_wink::tango_face_devil:
I think you covered it all.:tango_face_grin:

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
I guess with this defibrillator in my chest, I'd be toast after an emp.:tango_face_surprise
:tango_face_sad::tango_face_crying:
Look at it this way.. should we be hit with an EMP..we would be back into the stone age overnight !

Everything we get is delivered by computer hookup. All food, fuel, hardware, materials...everything.. is delivered by computer programing. Even the trains and trucks which deliver the stuff are run by computers..and the sheet metal of cars and trucks is not enough to shield their on board computers.

Besides, if you are a truck driver, are you going to leave home to 'deliver the goods'..or will you stay with your family ?

Remember, nothing is being delivered...so those who need certain pharmaceuticals to live..will get no more, once local supplies run out !

If you are a survivalist..keep a good supply of vitamins and minerals on hand to bolster you diet..which will be sure to suffer. ..And maybe some water purification pills to get you 'over the hump'.

Here is a good read.. Wm Forstchen sometimes co-authors book with Newt Gingrich..

https://www.amazon.com/Second-After-John-Matherson-Novel/dp/0765356864/ref=sr_1_1?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1rDJrNqs4gIVCr3ACh2WXAacEAAYAiAAEgKLH_D_BwE&hvadid=241885997199&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9005467&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=2225517584839842552&hvtargid=kwd-12363030745&hydadcr=24633_10399730&keywords=book+one+second+after&qid=1558444551&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Be sure to click onto "customer reviews", or scroll waaay down, to get a good synopsis of the book.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Instead of waiting on the turds to finish crapping in there own backyard and come looking for (us). Since (we) know where they are how about heading them off at the pass? IE. Hunt them first...

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
It's not entirely true that EMP has never happened. We've produced it in nuclear tests repeatedly, observed it naturally occurring with space weather, even a major event in the 19th century that melted the power lines and transformers of that time. We know to a large degree what will happen, which is why it's talked about, why the government is concerned and why we now have a space weather agency. We don't need the norks to hit us with a high altitude low yield device. We just need to hit the solar lottery and have a cme line up of significant enough size that when the U.S. Is in line with the storm, well all know exactly what will and won't work in a major EMP. Just like has already happened 100 years ago.

And if your secure BOL in that remote location is in the glide path of a n aircraft when that hits, hope you can run fast. Always best to have it and not need it than need it and not have it, whatever it might be.

Amazing we can be absolutely sure the U.S. Will go Mad Max 3 days after a collapse, which it didn't do in the Great Depression, but remain skeptical about something that has already occurred once in the U.S. And we didn't go mad max then either.

·
22,198 Posts
that bunch is probably to busy being hypocrites today judging who is American and who is Christian! :tango_face_wink:praise be to God and may he keep his hands in the way we interpret the constitution of the United states and for sure I pray he watches over all of you if shtf ever did really come. :tango_face_angel: to get back on topic id say it wont much matter what you choose because unless your willing to kill for it gas is going to get pretty tough to come by and after 3 or 4 years whats there wont be worth using anyway. Bottom line is an old vehicle might survive an emp but napa wont be open when the starter goes bad or your clutch takes a dump. The smartest thing to do would be to start walking to get in shape because your legs will be your best transportation. Added benefit is you don't have to drive exposed down that road with hundreds of people looking for and willing to kill for what you have.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Instead of waiting on the turds to finish crapping in there own backyard and come looking for (us). Since (we) know where they are how about heading them off at the pass? IE. Hunt them first...
Yeah....I'm good with that! I have a thousand rounds of Hornady Zombie ammo that I am saving for something. I guess that fits the bill!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
teamnelson I’d like to agree with you but and it’s a big but you know like Rosie oddonell butt. People have surely changed from what they were 100 years ago. Just look at photos of people from 70 years ago. Those people were thicker skinned... Besides what are you a chaplain?🤓😎

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
well i was sure unaware that there had ever been any airburst tests such as
the Starfish tests. i was only aware of the tests such as Ivy like my father was
involved in.
what little i've seen said that there was still much damage in hawaii, nearly
900 mile away from the airburst test. just me, but seeing as this was in
1962, and electronics weren't as delicate as all the i.c.'s and chips we utilize
these days, i can imagine our everyday things we use won't make the grade.
i also seen where the russian test shorted out the power lines and damaged a
power plant and destroyed ceramic insulators on some power lines. it took
a pretty good surge to do that.
oh well.
as far as people going batsh*t nuts and rioting and such, well they already
do that now regularly with very little provocation over something as trivial
as a "sports" score or a championship win or loss.

i'm sure everyone remembers this fine display of citizenship-

this ^ ^ has been almost 30 years ago. what would they do now ?

with no food or booze or nike shoes or pot ?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Besides, if you are a truck driver, are you going to leave home to 'deliver the goods'..or will you stay with your family ?

i am not going to hang out in the large citys
they will be zommie hunter traps best to dump the truck and head for higher ground the mountans look for a cave or shelter first then scavage for food

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
well i was sure unaware that there had ever been any airburst tests such as
the Starfish tests. i was only aware of the tests such as Ivy like my father was
involved in.
what little i've seen said that there was still much damage in hawaii, nearly
900 mile away from the airburst test. just me, but seeing as this was in
1962, and electronics weren't as delicate as all the i.c.'s and chips we utilize
these days, i can imagine our everyday things we use won't make the grade.
i also seen where the russian test shorted out the power lines and damaged a
power plant and destroyed ceramic insulators on some power lines. it took
a pretty good surge to do that.
oh well.
as far as people going batsh*t nuts and rioting and such, well they already
do that now regularly with very little provocation over something as trivial
as a "sports" score or a championship win or loss.

i'm sure everyone remembers this fine display of citizenship-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4KKPJVRM0U

this ^ ^ has been almost 30 years ago. what would they do now ?

with no food or booze or nike shoes or pot ?
Post #32 by Mule11 is making more sense all the time.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts