Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale:

AF serial number (1969) H&R Topper 158 30-30 caliber in good condition, matching numbers. Comes with scope rail, factory folding sights and Toth tool metal forend spacer. Made in Worcester, MA. Excellent shooter, my best groups were 0.6 MOA with factory Winchester 150 grain JHP ammo. Other factory ammo I tried all shot around 1 MOA or less. Has the profiled receiver and lightweight, slim profile ejector barrel.

$265 $250 shipped to your FFL CONUS (make sure they will accept from a non-FFL before buying) Trade pending with Camba[/color]

Would also consider partial or full trades (depending on value) of the following:
Buffalo Classic or BC carbine walnut stocks
G1 Contender frame (not interested in G2)
Gunstocks Inc walnut straight grip stock set

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Re: Topper 158 30-30 with profiled receiver for sale, Black Friday special price

Oh my I love this rifle... So wish the liquidity was there.

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Topper 158 30-30 with profiled receiver for sale **reduced**

Price reduced.

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Bump

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Rugerm77 said:
I just sent you an email.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Still available.

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Topper 158 30-30 with profiled receiver for sale **Trades added**

Bump with trades added.

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Bump

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Bump

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
759 Posts

doublebass, the hammer looks funny in the second pic, wondering if its been modified in some way or if its just the pic. also, what does profiled receiver mean?
idk why but this little gun is talking to me lol.

·
Super Moderator
51,491 Posts

treeslayer said:
doublebass, the hammer looks funny in the second pic, wondering if its been modified in some way or if its just the pic. also, what does profiled receiver mean?
Hammer is the vintage pre-transfer bar rebounding hammer, profiled means the barrel and frame are profiled, they aren't just round like later barrels and the frame matches the barrel contour, see pics in link below.

Tim

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/hr-cen...-158-in-3030-cal/msg1098431358/#msg1098431358

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

treeslayer said:
Tim is right, the hammer is the lower profile rebounding hammer but it also looks like it may have had material removed at some point. I never noticed it before, I thought the bluing was just worn off the hammer but here's a couple pictures. You can see where there has been material removed. Somebody may have bobbed it to fit a hammer extension at some point. It never affected performance, though. It went bang for me every time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Camba said:
PM sent for possible trade.
Camba
PM replied to.

·
Registered
759 Posts

quickdtoo said:
treeslayer said:
Hammer is the vintage pre-transfer bar rebounding hammer, profiled means the barrel and frame are profiled, they aren't just round like later barrels and the frame matches the barrel contour, see pics in link below.

Tim

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/hr-centerfire-rifles/hr-topper-158-in-3030-cal/msg1098431358/#msg1098431358
yes i see the profile now thanks to your link, thanks.

·
Registered
759 Posts

Doublebass73 said:
treeslayer said:
Tim is right, the hammer is the lower profile rebounding hammer but it also looks like it may have had material removed at some point. I never noticed it before, I thought the bluing was just worn off the hammer but here's a couple pictures. You can see where there has been material removed. Somebody may have bobbed it to fit a hammer extension at some point. It never affected performance, though. It went bang for me every time.
ah, i see. i don't see as that would hurt it. i have a topper in 20ga with the rebound hammer, i prefer it.
maybe this will sell soon.......my will power is fading lol.

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Traded with Camba

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.