Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After deer season I plan to trade my .243. It's an ultra with the laminated stock. The rifle shoots fantastic rounds (under 1") until you shoot 85 grain rounds, then it opens up. I have tried several 85-100 grain bullets with the "standard" powders that I use for my other rifles, and it just won't shoot like I feel it should.

I would like to keep it as a varmit or paper shooter, but I have a son at Clemson and a son at USC Upstate so I need to swap it out or just sell it.

My question is how much can I expect on a trade for an ADL or something similar? Still a great looking gun. Thanks in advance, TVC15

·
Registered
506 Posts
On trade it may bring $100-150, they are a $200 rifle to begin with and used you are likely to get about 50% on trade. If you were to sell it on here or even part it out you would get a much better return.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
I know this from experience you will make a lot more parting it out in the classifieds than trading it in. If you trade it in they might give you a $100.00 towards a new rifle. Dale

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
On my nef .243 I got $175 with rings and bases and I took the scope off and kept the sling. Just go to your gun shop and find out. You will bring more selling it here or on something like an auction site.

·
Super Moderator
51,257 Posts
Yup, just like car trade-ins, you'll get took to the cleaners on a trade-in, but selling it yourself will get a lot more of your money back. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anybody on the forum just buy the complete rifle or do they need to buy the pieces separately?

Does it have to sent to a dealer?? TVC15

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
IF I was selling the gun I would part it out, on here you can get 100.00 for the barrel likely 75.00 for the laminated stock then take the scope base trigger hammer springs pins ext. will likely get you as much as you payed for it and throw the frame away and you would be better off. good luck with your decision Lorne

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
tvc15 said:
After deer season I plan to trade my .243. It's an ultra with the laminated stock. The rifle shoots fantastic rounds (under 1") until you shoot 85 grain rounds, then it opens up. I have tried several 85-100 grain bullets with the "standard" powders that I use for my other rifles, and it just won't shoot like I feel it should.

I would like to keep it as a varmit or paper shooter, but I have a son at Clemson and a son at USC Upstate so I need to swap it out or just sell it.

My question is how much can I expect on a trade for an ADL or something similar? Still a great looking gun. Thanks in advance, TVC15
Around here where I live...if there are no scratches and if the bluing is excellent...on a trade for a $400 ADL...expect around $200...They are selling used for $235-$250 like yours...Jump up in price on what your trading for...and you can expect more for it..especially if your talking about a $600-$900 rifle that's been sitting on the shelf for a few months...Gun dealers are like car lots...they make up the difference on the profit of what they are selling you...If they tell you they can buy them for XXX $ and will only give you 1/2...ask them what they are paying for what your trading for...and them offer them 1/2...Learn to barter...it pays off big time in the end...

Mac

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Sure does. I got $100 bucks for an old used NEF 20ga shotgun one is it was before dove season and everyone around here loves them for dove hunting and 2 I traded it on a gun that had been on the shelf for over a year. As soon as I traded it it was sold for $110. So go before deer season if you can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts