Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent flyer from Dixie Gun Works advertised a Traditions "Trapper" for $175. Single shot, 50 cal, adjustable sight, with a set trigger. Looks a lot like a T/C patriot. Has anyone had any experience good or bad with this model and manufacturer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trapper Pistol

I bought one from that flyer. Shoots real good but---the set trigger must have 25lb pull. The hammer fall seems slow but--it is accurate and have never had a mis fire. Does any body have a way to adjust the set trigger? :?

·
Registered
823 Posts
I used to have one and got rid of it and got a Lyman Plains Pistol. The quality of the Traditions seems lower than the Lyman, and the Lyman is a little crude.

I also now have a T/C Patriot Pistol as well as the Lyman Plains Pistol and the quality is substantially higher than the Lyman. The trigger on the Trapper, although double set is no where close to the T/C. That price on the Trapper must have gone up quite a bit over the past few years, if that is what they are asking for it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Trapper

I have a trapper. When I first had it the trigger was very creepy. There is a tiny little screw that adjusts things. Look at the trigger plate. You will need something like an eyeglass screw driver to adjust it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.