1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have two trail cams. A CamTracker and a Moultrie. I don't have a lock box for them, but I modified a camera tripod to fit each. They are very portable and work great. I use them on private land where theft is not a problem. Bought the tripods at yard sales cheap. When I use them on public land I have them set up so I can use a bicycle cable lock to secure them.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
I bought a camera tripod at a flea Mkt. which I use with my I590. It works great but it would be easy to steal if someone wanted it. Other than that I made some mounts that are similar to a real estate sign (only smaller) which sticks in the ground. These are not theft proof either but they do work great. Mine are used on private land but that doesn't garantee it won't get stolen. If someone wants to steal one bad enough there isn't much of a way to stop them anyway. Too bad we have to have people like that.

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nodlenor said:
Too bad we have to have people like that.
I agree. I think Lonny found what I was looking for. :)

Thanks to all, Dinny

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Dinny
Did you get those trail cam boxes? If not, let me know when you get to town next time. If I can look at your camera, I can maybe come up with something this winter when work slows down ;)

Lonny

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lonny,
No I haven't. I may be able to give you a non-functioning camera to use as a pattern. I wanted one to spring a trap on the thief we have, but think that traffic will be limited in the winter. I'll set the trap this Spring. I'll let you now.

Thanks, Dinny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts