Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
training

one of the biggest things with training a dog is not to set them up for failure.it sounds like when you let him go he takes off as you say well the trick is dont let him go.not tryin to be sarcastic with ya so i hope you didnt take it that way.but it is very important when training dogs that you allways are in complete control when the dog got away from you i hate to say it but you have just taught your dog not to listen to you by calling him and not haveing some way to enforce the command you should only give a dog a command once and if he doesnt respond enforce the command the second time this is what makes good dogs great dogs when ever you let the dog outside or were ever except in his domain keep him on a leash start with a short leash and work up to a long check cord and to teach the dog to come back to you call him and if he doesnt come to you right away call him a second time but this time pull him allong up to you but that is the main thing though using a leash so you can enforce your commands mix in some treats for praise as well and this will speed up the process i hope i hellped a little bit good luck! :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later