Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys go to the range, do you take more than 1 barrel? If so how do you transport them safley so scopes dont get bumped and finishes dont get scratched? I'm trying to figure out how to take a scoped barrel and a couple other iron sight barrels together without haveing to worry about messing them up. I thought about a 2 layer pistol case, but not sure about the barrels sliding around. Does someone make a pistol case with barrel pockets?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
102 Posts
:D Well if you have a hard rifle case the problem is solved i can usually get one complete contender and 5 barrels with scopes in a double rifle case. :grin:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I to use a double rifle hard case.I think you will like it better than the cloth bags i do anyway.I get way more stuff in there.Plus if you drop it no harm done.I have the one from midsouth when i carry it they seem to slide into one another.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I actually used a paintball case that worked great and was real cheap. I bought it used for $10. It was the perfect length for my Contender with a 13.5" barrel mounted and I could put one more Super 14 with scope and two boxes of ammo in it. I sold it just recently in favor of a take-down shotgun case so I could carry longer barrels. But I'm thinking I had the best setup with the paintball hard plastic case for pistol season.
Helicopter Bill

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I have two of those soft cases T/C makes. They have two barrel pockets that will each hold a 16" or smaller barrel with scopes plus the gun with a 16" or shorter barrel and scope. With two cases I can take two Contenders and 6 barrels to the range. That keeps me busy for a while. I paid $35 each for the cases.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:D
Thanks for the responses everyone. You gave me a lot to think about.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use a aluminum tool case that I got at Lowe's for around $20. It has eggcrate foam in a couple of layers. It will hold a 14" scoped pistol as well as several scoped barrels underneath another layer of foam. Here are a couple of pics.

Nashcat

·
Registered
81 Posts
TC barrel stowage

I keep my barrels in a hard backed pistol case. I, in addition, keep each barrel in a white cotton sock to keep them from even remotely thinking about clanking into each other. FWIW DaveP

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:shock: :grin: :grin:
Nashcat, I really like that idea. It would cut down on the stares and "official" attention when I'm going to the range on my bike! (I ride almost year round)

·
Registered
14 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts