Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much dithering, I started bidding on Gunbroker for a M94 Trapper Carbine in .45 Long Colt. There were lots of sellers that didn't allow people from California to purchase their firearms. When I did find one to bid on, I was always outbid by people that wanted it more than me. Finally I found 1 and was the high bidder and it arrived yesterday. It was made in 1988 and doesn't have the cross-bolt safety. The wood and metal are perfect with "0" scratches or dings. I've done the paperwork and in 10 days it comes home. Yippee!!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Congrats, I bought mine new in 1985, it’s been a lot of fun over the years. The action on mine was pretty rough however, I had to smooth up the bolt/receiver fit a bit but after that it worked great. I hunted with it in wet Southcentral Alaska and put on a Ramline plastic stock. Takes mild to wild .45LC loads but I settled on upper-end SAA loads - it’s a pretty light weight carbine. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

Reactions: Ex 49er

·
Premium Member
10,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you AZ Nimrod. I'm looking forward to taking it to the range and seeing what's what. During shipment the rear sight notch was broken. I've ordered a replacement which should arrive before the Commie-fornia 10 day cooling off waiting period is over.

·
Premium Member
10,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I bought a 94 Trapper in .44mag made in '94 a year or so ago. Handy little rifles. If it matters to you, +P ammo is fine in those rifles.
I've got a .44 mag Model 94 Trapper that I shot some +P ammo in and it broke the ejector. Now I only shoot .44 specials in it. The only thing I shoot +P .44 magnums in these days is a single shot CVA. I'll probably end up babying the .45 long colt, too.

·
Premium Member
10,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The rear sight notch I ordered to replace the broken notch on the .45lc arrived today. I'll put it on when I bring the M94 home.

·
Registered
39 Posts
After much dithering, I started bidding on Gunbroker for a M94 Trapper Carbine in .45 Long Colt. There were lots of sellers that didn't allow people from California to purchase their firearms. When I did find one to bid on, I was always outbid by people that wanted it more than me. Finally I found 1 and was the high bidder and it arrived yesterday. It was made in 1988 and doesn't have the cross-bolt safety. The wood and metal are perfect with "0" scratches or dings. I've done the paperwork and in 10 days it comes home. Yippee!!!!
Ditch the rear sight and install a Williams peep sight. Throw away the screw in aperture.

·
Premium Member
10,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Winchester came home this afternoon. I had to hunt around the gunroom to find a small enough screwdriver to fit the screws on the rear sight notch; but, I persevered and got the notch replaced. This rifle is a keeper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts