Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a Hawkeye in 223 for about 3-4 years. I love the rifle and it is quite accurate.

The trigger was killing me though. I haven't worked up any loads for this thing in part due to the trigger.
It felt like 25 pounds of grit with a 3 inch travel.
I've heard people talk about the trigger jobs that a local fella does. He works on all makes but has a reputation for doing a good job on the Ruger triggers.

I got the rifle back on Thursday and am blown away! This trigger is better than the adjustable triggers by Bold that I have on my Mausers!
Crisp short pull and more smooth than a buttered biscuit with Molasses! Can't wait to shoot a group today and see how it goes.
I'm gonna have to learn how to shoot this rifle again.

If you have a gritty factory trigger I highly recommend having a smith smooth it out for you.
lc

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm glad you're happy with the work! I have a Hawkeye, but bought it second-hand. The fella I bought it from says Timney worked the trigger for him. I didn't know they did that (thought they only had pre-LC6 trigger parts), but anyway it's a great trigger, too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.