Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
23,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just saw the shortest presidential press conference of all time on Fox news.

Trump says: governors open the churches in your state, or I'll override it.
And then he left.

HEY DONNY!!! THAT WAS AWESOME !!!

THE BEST WOODROW F. CALL IMITATION "EVER"!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Best President I have ever seen so far. I do think though, that it is the responsibility of the people to open their churches and protect their rights. They should have done this on their own already.

·
23,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Church going folks are generally "law abiding", but if your watching any news you'd see they ARE startin to push back.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I just saw the shortest presidential press conference of all time on Fox news.

Trump says: governors open the churches in your state, or I'll override it.
And then he left.

HEY DONNY!!! THAT WAS AWESOME !!!

THE BEST WOODROW F. CALL IMITATION "EVER"!
yeah seen that also look like he was pissed a little and didnt want too hear the cackling hens respond to him:tango_face_devil:

·
Registered
826 Posts
:tango_face_grin:The Democrats will howl I'm sure! No matter! WE HAVE A PRESIDENT!!! One who loves our freedom as much as we do!!!!:tango_face_grin:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Two questions.
First, under what authority and how would Trump actually override the Governors?
Second, most of you here have done an about face and no longer support state rights?
GuzziJohn

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Two questions.
First, under what authority and how would Trump actually override the Governors?
Second, most of you here have done an about face and no longer support state rights?
GuzziJohn
Same way it was done during the civil rights efforts....use the National Guard
Disingenuous of you to ask...We obviously do not support the violation of our constitutional rights.

·
Premium Member
9,707 Posts
Two questions.
GuzziJohn
The Bill of Rights overrides whatever unconstitutional actions these governors are doing.

I support states rights. The 10th Amendment does not give the states the power to override the 1st Amendment:

Read Amendment I:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Read Article VI Clause II of the Constitution:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

It doesn't get much clearer than that.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Two questions.
GuzziJohn
Same way it was done during the civil rights efforts....use the National Guard
Disingenuous of you to ask...We obviously do not support the violation of our constitutional rights.

"states rights" ??? as apposed to American citizen rights
Demoncratic thinking never ceases to amaze me.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Okay, just got educated on the change in 2007 where the president was given the authority to not need a governor's permission to activate the national guard.
Concerning the governor's authorities under declared emergency I would have to further research. Lawsuits may settle that.
If the churches gather I sure hope they are taking reasonable precautions. Our national Mennonite weekly newspaper just had a detailed article on how exposed churches will be to liable lawsuits if outbreaks are traced back to the church. Kind of like playing the slots right now.
GuzziJohn

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
The President can also send in the Marines any G D time he wants without approval from anyone. He does not need to declare war. Therefore congless has zeroe say so...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Did anyone see the end of the press conference where the press secretary McEnany gave the idiots in the press a homework assignment when they asked if Trump was going to pardon Obama for illegal unmasking? It was priceless.

·
23,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did anyone see the end of the press conference where the press secretary McEnany gave the idiots in the press a homework assignment when they asked if Trump was going to pardon Obama for illegal unmasking? It was priceless.
Yes I did. I like her better than ole Sarah.
She is fearless, does her homework, and is fast on her feet.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Two questions.
GuzziJohn
We have done no about face and we still believe in state's rights. However, we value our constitution as the primary written code for our national laws.

What irritates most, are states governors who would pervert the constitution, so as to holed the people in a lockdown situation..

This is their chance to turn the screws on the people, just to watch them squirm. As I have said here for years, the left is primarily made up

of "control freaks", people who get heir jollies, by rubbing other peoples' faces in the dirt !

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." (John Adams)

Of course, a "moral and religious " person being a pre-requisite... Lot's of luck finding more than 1 or 2 of them among the leftists !

Those in rebellion against God cannot have an honest government !

·
Registered
517 Posts
Those in rebellion against God cannot have an honest government!
Those in rebellion against God will suffer for their arrogance. Judgment Day gonna be a real hillary for those who deny Him and who keep not His Commandments. The "pro-choice" crowd got a rude awakenin' comin' to 'em. They shall suffer for all eternity...

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
If the churches gather I sure hope they are taking reasonable precautions. Our national Mennonite weekly newspaper just had a detailed article on how exposed churches will be to liable lawsuits if outbreaks are traced back to the church. Kind of like playing the slots right now.
GuzziJohn

Do you go to church regularly?

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Two questions.
GuzziJohn
First: Under what authority and how do the left wing, commie politicians actually TRY to override GOD ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Second, most of you here have done an about face and no longer support state rights?" Oh we support states rights; moreover we respect God's preeminence! Here, let Fred Douglas tell you :

" One man with God, is a majority>" (Fred Douglas)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts