Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to pay the unemployed $400 per week. The states would have to pay $100 of the $400.

I think that was a good move. I'm sure Nancy and Chuck will file a lawsuit in Federal Court to challenge it.

He also deferred paying the social security taxes until the end of the year. I'm not in favor of that. Sounds like everyone will have to save that money aside and then have to make a large payment in January. Trump said he could waive the repayment if he was re-elected. I wouldn't take the chance. Will ask my accountant if we can just continue paying each month.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Trump's executive order is a hoax. Even if he could come up with the $300 by taking the money set aside for hurricane disaster relief (which would cover a small portion) the states don't have the ability to come up with the other hundred because Trump doesn't want any of the stimulus money to go to the states (with the possible exception of states with Republican governors). There will be no federal contribution unless the dysfunctional Congress votes for one.

Trump will say he is stopping evictions, but his order is a recommendation.

The payroll tax break should make medicare recipients nervous, and in any event it is a deferment that has to be paid later.

To his credit, he actually has the authority to defer payments and interest on student loans.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will see where it goes. The primary issue is the payments for the unemployed. If the payments come through, be it from the executive order or from the Congress, Trump will get all the credit. That is why I believe this was a smart move.

·
Registered
253 Posts
In my opinion, the state's governors should have never shut their states down in the first place. How can people that are unable to take control of their own state governments expect the federal government to bail them out with money that doesn't even exist in the first place? Flu season happens every year...what then? The flu killed more people last month than CV-19. Do people plan on shutting down their states forever...or just until the Republic is overthrown? Isn't that what this is really about?
Last I looked, it is the job of the people to take control of their state governments and make sure their rights are protected. Trump already has asked people to get control of their own states. Freedoms come with responsibilities. If we are not willing to protect our way of life, our laws, and our culture, what do we expect one man in the middle of the Washington swamp to do for us? We elected Trump because we wanted somebody who was not part of the corrupt Deep State Globalists, Marxists, or what ever you want to call them. If we don't want to raise our children in a place like Libya or Syria, it is OUR responsibility to make sure that doesn't happen...not one man in the middle of that travesty we call the federal government. The federal government is not going save us, they are the enemy right now. Trump will be lucky to live through this, let alone free everyone and somehow pay money to keep our freedoms and Republic alive while we sit home doing nothing to save our country.
A virus is not the problem we face as a nation. Fear of death from a virus narrows our focus so we can't see what the problem really is. It is us. We let this happen. We are all going die...of something. How do we want to live?
Just my two cents.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good rant OT. We all need to step up to the podium and just tell the truth. More the better.

·
Super Moderator
10,879 Posts
...the states don't have the ability to come up with the other hundred...
So Nancy and Chuck's $600 per week, (and the rest of their $3T in "funny money" so they "look good" to the liberal voters) is to be funded on another "IOU" of the Federal Government (actually the backs of We The People), like every other liberal give away to the Gimmedats? Sheesh...we've had ENOUGH of these politics and its politicians.

Already, community governments are PLANING to raise property taxes in their attempts to avert, what to them is, a shortfall of income from a Nation out of work. I suggest to these community politicians, PREPARE to be tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail. There IS NO MONEY to be taxed by the government from We The People when all businesses are forced into shut down and our "leadership", like good minions they are, are scared by the media and ever changing bad medicine, into doing the WRONG things for America.

It is known that blood cannot be squeezed out of a turnip. The 25% of Americans (90 million people +/-) that produce nothing, pay no tax, and are given EVERYTHING FREE (not including Social Security recipients who are receiving THEIR OWN money), AND another 20% of formerly working Americans (90 million +/-) currently out of work, with back bills to pay, that are effectively BANKRUPT, AND another 20% of Americans (90 million +/-) whose life Savings they had are completely depleted that are effectively BANKRUPT, AND another 10% of Americans (50 million) who have seriously increased their debt (some through elimination of escrow in their homes) in order to survive, [that's a total of 320 million Americans - but who is counting], and ALL AMERICANS negatively affected by Stock Market imbeciles, HAVE NO AVAILABLE FUNDS to be taxed by over reaching community politicians.

These communities must roll up their sleeves, reduce their services, reduce their work forces, and suck it up like the rest of America until there is some semblance of "normal" again. Failing that, these politicians and communities should prepare for the "Depelter Turbo and a lot of stinging".

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. I agree that this is like pandora's box. No end in sight. The initial plan was flawed thinking it would all be over by July 31st. Now it's going till December 31st. Then it will get extended again. I hope they don't allow the country to be shut down again. Takes too long to get it going again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts