Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here tried this winch? They look alot like the superwinch and the price is about half. For occasional use will they work ok?
Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
marc,
They have been on the market less than a year. for the $10 difference I have ordered the 2000# over the 1500# model. It should be here by april 1 so I will be able to offer more insight then. In the meantime here is a link to a site that sells them.
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/home.asp?sid=0002526058
Rick

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Ok

it looks alot like the superwinch that sells around my area for $149.00. I even liked the ratchet winch that you can move from front to rear, but have to work by hand. That still beats the typical come-along, I've used a few times before. Keep us posted on how well it works when you get it.
markc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Tusk was delivered yesterday and mounted on the wheeler last night. Total cost including mount,roller fairlead and shipping was $189 to my door. A friend who stopped to help with the install has recently purchased a Cabelas brand winch (at a cost of $249 incl. shipping) says that,except for the label, he cannot see any difference between the two.
As the games begin this spring I will further report on performance.
Rick :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
photos of the new addition

Here is a pic of the winch. I haven't had time to play with it much, but it appears to be a 2000# Superwinch.

:D
Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.