Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you still using TV, radio, or newspapers? I'm not using any of them. I'm using internet for everything. Podcasts, news web sites instead of physical papers, no radio at all. If you're still using them, is your use of them declining?

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might like podcasts like Dan Carlin's hardcore history podcast, or the Cato event and daily podcasts. Way better quality than anything you'll find on radio. I download the podcasts to my phone, then play them on a Bluetooth speaker I have in the kitchen. I used to have the radio on all the time too, but never listen anymore. Well, maybe I turn the old kitchen radio on every once in a while, hoping it doesn't work anymore so I can throw it away.

A lot of radio stations, like NPR, podcast their stuff, but I find the quality difference between radio centric content and the better content to be so dramatic that I don't listen to the radio stuff in podcast form. I have a friend that listens to the Mark Levin show and a couple of other radio programs in podcast form, and this allows him to listen to his favorite shows at times most convenient to him.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Interesting ideas. I don't POD and I don't have a phone that you can do anything but talk on. Mostly I leave it off except if I want to call someone. I guess the truth is I don't much care what is going on out there. Don't figure I have to worry about it for more than ten or twenty years anyway. gene

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I once liked getting the morning newspaper, until delivery became an obstacle out here in this very rural area where roads become dry dusty trails, to mud slop, and pot holes, to slippery ice, and snow bound. Anymore most of the news IMO is biased to create hype. Therefore my interest in news is very limited. Hardly ever turn on the TV, and may look on the internet for a particular item of news.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Call me old fashioned or stuck in the past or what ever you think fits. I am interested in what is going on in my area and the only way to get any local news is to read the local paper so I still subscribe. I watch the news on TV to see how the state is trying to screw us over. Pretty much ignore the TV national news. I listen to the radio quite a bit because we have a good classic rock station and an oldies one also. No C&W for me. I do not listen to talk radio, or podcasts in any form. Don't care for the blather.

When piddling around in the shop I listen to music on the radio or my mp3 player. Sometime I will even play some CDs (blush) and now and then just let silence entertain me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts