Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got two of my current on-going projects finished.

Was able to find the stocks I wanted for my Ultra 7x57 (Thanks, Mike!). They are the blondes. Mounted a Sightron 3.5x10x50. It's ready to go the range.

The other is my new BC 45-70 barrel for my Trappers Federation Rifle (gray stocks). I have a Leupold 1.5x5 on order for it. Hope to have it on the range next week end. I was planning on having the barrel cut to 26 or 28 inches, but after handling it, think I'll leave it as is for a season. This one is for heavy loads, and I might want that extra barrel and weight. My two Sikaris will continue to take care of my light (cast) work.

Wally

·
Super Moderator
51,041 Posts
Lookin good, Wally!!! :agree: :agree: :agree:

Tim :wink:

·
Registered
922 Posts
That's a nice looking pair of handis. Hope they shoot as good as they look.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Varminter:

I hope they will shoot too. Since these will be used for antelope to elk hunting, if I can't get 2 inch groups at 100 yards with without ejection problems, they will go down the road too. If they have to walk, are you interested?

Wally

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'd be very interested in the 7x57 even if it doesn't shoot. It would give me a projest to work on this summer and this fall.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Varminter:

I will keep that in mind.

Wally

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
My 243 barrel is going to become a 358 Win in about 5 months. Norman Johnson is that far behind but it will be perfect timing for me money wise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts