Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated in an earlier post, I am new to hunting. I bought two slingshots today:
1. Daisy Power Line Model B52
2. Marksman Classic II Slingshot Model 3027
I have a few questions:
1. I read somewhere that you should take an inch off the band for better results. Is this true?
2. Which one is better for small game hunting (squirrels & rabbits)?
3. What size ammo? Have some 1/2 in white glass ammo, 1/4 in balls, and smaller ones (totally useless except for plinking)
4. Would a different size/strength/color band be better?
Yes, I know I need to practice. I have a box (plus cans) for target practice set up. Quite fun. Safety glasses are worn.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I prefer a natural forked stick and flat bands hand made of thereaband gold exercise bands. I was always rubbish with them tube shooters.

Reactions: HuntinWabbits

·
Registered
112 Posts
You might look on Amazon for rubber paintballs, I have been using the 40 and 60 caliber ones with the Cub Scouts. They also have some other interesting ones on there.

As for bands, all I can say is to inspect carefully before use every time. I’m replacing a couple each time we do an event.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just picked up one of these Axiom Ocularis Slingshots
The flat bands are really powerful and repeatable. Small and light enough for a pocket and really zings the ammo.
Has aiming grooves on top for RH or LH use. Lot smaller than the wrist rocket I had as a kid. Well anyone with a sling shot is still a kid. am I wrong?
I bought some clay 9mm ball ammo off of Amazon so I won't have steel ball bearings tearing up my zero-turn blades
Give them a look

1 - 9 of 9 Posts