Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one in Kentucky yesterday. Paul (hellacatcher) and me went up there. My intentions were to buy a Ultra Varmit in a 243.
But when I picked up the fluted, I felt sooo good. It was $35.00 more.
I haven't heard much on the 22-250 in the Handi's, but i figured I'll give it a try. If I can't get it to shoot then I get a 223 barrel for it.
I know I've got a lot of work to do with the rifle, but at least it's got the 24 inch barrel.
I was surprised he had all three, 204, 223, and the 22-250 in the Ultra Varmit Fluted.
Now to start to work to get it to shoot.

Dennis :D

·
Super Moderator
50,981 Posts
Congrats on the new Ultra, Dennis!! :D

Tim :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Fluted barrels

Congrats on new barrels :D Do these have exstractor or same old
ejectors, I know the 204 rugae has a exstracter, I just bought a new one
Friday. Like dumb butt didn't look at others in the shop :(
Marv.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks poncaguy and Tim;
Ive been doing a lot of thinking about which rifle to get. The 243 Ultra Varmit was what I went up there for. But just for the heck of it, I picked up the 22-250, and it shouldered like no other gun I have. Plus when we came back Paul did a digital trigger pull on it. for a five pull test the average was 3.11 lbs. :eek: :grin:
Marv;
Thanks, but I bought the whole rifle, the UVF, just hope the 22-250 will shoot good. If not, I'll order a 223 fluted barrel.
Hope you are liking your 204, I'd like to hear more about it! :)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Marv likes ejectors...he enjoys lookin for brass in the weeds..... :-D :-D :-D :-D Like lookin for easter eggs... :wink: Congrats on the new toy!!! :D

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Are the new extractors purely mechanical? It actually forces the case out of the chamber?

Is that how the TC works?

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
thanks

De41mag

Thanks answering my question, about extractor.
Like H--- I like to look for easter eggs, shot my 44 mag yesterday,
missed catching as it ejected, it was 12 feet from camber.
fixing to go out and shoot the 204, having use Clint's ammo.
Got brass ordered, Get use Clint's Dies. Hope every body Happy
like a pig in a corn crib. Marv.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You are slow De41Mag I done went and told on you last night. When are you going to touch it off. Let us know how it works.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Dennis, be sure to gives us a report on that UVF. I've been wanting a 22-250 but i haven't heard much about them so i'm alittle reluctant to get one. How do the flutes look on the barrel? I heard they looked pretty cheap but then others say they are great........

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, Paul, I'm slow.

But as I had said on another post, it's to hot to shoot! Or even clean the UVF. It will be a while. Thanks for the trip to Kentucky, that's one **** of a gun store!

Drew;
The flutes are well made on the barrel. The whole gun is beautiful. From the pictures I had seen I did not think I would like it. But the feel is what sold me. I just hope it will shoot as good as it looks.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thanks Dennis. The more i look at them, the more i start to like them. I might eventually get one before the next p-dog shoot.

Did you 2 go to Whittaker's? :grin: I've never been there but i would love to go.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We sure did Drew;

And what a gun store! :shock: :eek:
He has more Handi's than I've ever seen in one place. And everything else for that matter. You are really missing something if you don't go. And his prices are better than here in Alabama.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Well i might just have to make a trip......what was the average price on a regular handi up there? I know they list a few on their site but they are just used ones. Their prices really do seem to be up to par......

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Drew;

Seems like some were around $207 and others were around in the $220's, I'm not sure. I know the Ultra Varmit in 243 was $243.00 and the UVF was $277.00 Then you add tax.
He even had a 500S&W, but I can't remember the price.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The price's are better than around here IF YOU CAN FIND THEM around here.

I've heard alot about that place but haven't been yet. How big is it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts