Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
Sounds pretty typical to me. I think for the most part unions like the UAW, and a few others have become corrupt, and have outlived their purpose.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dee said:
Sounds pretty typical to me. I think for the most part unions like the UAW, and a few others have become corrupt, and have outlived their purpose.
wow... sorry you feel that way. my union (laborers 393) is all about voluteer work. most all our members give up a handful of volunteer days throughout the year. sure glad i live here in northern IL i guess. this year was a lot slower than normal, but i still made a pretty good dollar. as far as unions go... its just like anything else... dont let a few rotten apples spoil the whole bushel.

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
I won't argue with that blackdirt. I think I was fairly specific on whom I meant. I look at the UAW, and all the bailouts much like I look at farm subsidies, where the farmer AND his wife draw almost equal amounts on the same land, and she can't even spell tractor, much less drive one. That should be against the law.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
in the union business for 30 years plus and i will tell you all that the membership mostly are hard working god fearing and love their family just like most other people. however, the union leadership on the most part is very corrupt and not interested in the members other than what it takes to get the dues.

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
My point exactly. Or at least one of them.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
The SEIU is allied with ACORN. They are in essence one and the same. I hope my daughter and family will soon be moving out of PA. and back South to God's country. I've met a few nice folks up that way, but I've met a whole bunch of not so nice ones.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
In many cases, unions are to blame for what's wrong in this country as big business. Unions ARE big business. The rank and file for the most part just want a good paying job with hours. When the officials demand outragous demands, things are out of control. gypsyman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.