Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

23,873 Posts
really wanted one of those back in my big bore hunting days. What i did have is two old armys i sent to dave clements and he back bored the chambers so they would hold an extra 5-10 grains of powder and then had a 220 grain wfn mold made for it. Shot a couple nice bucks with those two guns. Lost interest mostly because i hate cleaning guns so they went down the road.

23,873 Posts
Please dont let someone scratch it and stick it in a case. They were made to hunt with!!

· Registered
4 Posts
really wanted one of those back in my big bore hunting days. What i did have is two old armys i sent to dave clements and he back bored the chambers so they would hold an extra 5-10 grains of powder and then had a 220 grain wfn mold made for it. Shot a couple nice bucks with those two guns. Lost interest mostly because i hate cleaning guns so they went down the road.
which road?

23,873 Posts
which road?
heck like so many guns i dont remember a thing. I was thinking that just yesterday. Wondering where the MANY guns that have come and gone are today and if there in the hands of someone who enjoyed them like i did. But if you want one id bet if you got ahold of dave clements hed proabl take care of you. Even a local machinist should be able to do it. Youd just have to figure out how deep to back cut it by measuring the clyinder then put 10 grains of powder in it and compress it then remeasure to the powder

Reactions: Hausser1

23,873 Posts
Gorgeous. I shold have picked one up while Clements was still in biz.

I too, need a smoke and some Chianti, or even a warm PBR will work.
Did dave retire? I havent spoke to him in years.

Reactions: Hausser1
1 - 20 of 23 Posts