1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
51,058 Posts
"Post factory improvements" That's a laugh!!!! That big ugly screw that they used to replace the factory set screw looks great!!!

Tim

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No joke, I'm seriously considering posting a couple of my barrels!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
quickdtoo said:
"Post factory improvements" That's a laugh!!!! That big ugly screw that they used to replace the factory set screw looks great!!!

Tim
Maybe that screw is made of some kind of exotic BS ..like depleated uranium...or maybe the o-ring is the reason for the xtra cost... :eek: :eek: :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Welll.......that is about the STUPIDEST[/color] thing I've ever seen someone do to a Ultra rail...post accurized my butt...heck...with those prices I can sell 3 barrels and buy 4 complete rifles...hmmmmmmmmmmm...not a bad idea

Mac

·
Registered
769 Posts
quickdtoo said:
That big ugly screw that they used to replace the factory set screw looks great!!!
The whole purpose of the setscrew is to stiffen the front of the rail so you can use the front groove. That brass round head blocks the front groove. If he'd cut the head off and slot the end of the screw for a tiny screwdriver, he'd have something.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Thought everyone needed a look at this ignorant thing.
I dont think it ever was an Ultra rail, but just a standard rail that got drilled. From the prices looks like some more drilling will be going on. :wink:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
lik2hunt said:
Thought everyone needed a look at this ignorant thing.
I dont think it ever was an Ultra rail, but just a standard rail that got drilled. From the prices looks like some more drilling will be going on. :wink:

Poor folks have poor ways sometimes....I'm one of um but surely he could have come up with something other than what appears to be a brass cap screw..... :roll:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well actually.....

:eek: Man, you guys need to lighten up! Why so hostile?

I never expected it to go over $100. Big suprize to me. By the way, as far as the "ignorant" thing is concerned, Mac11700 - what is so stupid about it? The idea of the set screw came from the very folks who post to this board. So I guess we are all ignorant. Or Mac11700 are you just mad because I might make a profit or something.

The brass screw will not rust or corrode, will not mar the barrel surface and looks much better than a plated machine screw. I had planned on blacking it, but never got around to it. It can be replaced by any standard 10/32 screw if the new owner does not like it. And, the scew head does NOT block the groove.

The rail is a standard Handi rail, don't recall ever using the term "ultra" anywhere in the description.

Hey guys, don't toss my salad. I've described this barrel as it is. Some folks just want a barrel without the hassel of sending off their reciever and waiting several weeks. They are paying for that convienence.

This is a good barrel, that shoots straight, sold in good faith. I just wanted to get my money back for it. Tell you what though, now I'm tempted to put my .308 barrel on also!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Looks like auction fever...

Good on 'ya for gettin' some money out of the deal.

Hope the buyer stops by to learn about his or her purchase.

Nixter

·
Super Moderator
51,058 Posts
Go for it, threepdr, ain't capitalism great!!!! :wink:

Tim

·
Registered
922 Posts
I wouldn't pay that much for it but i would love to be the seller :wink: It's already went for more than i payed for my 223 HB (whole gun). I can't wait till the end of the auction. It will be one i watch till the very end.

·
Registered
939 Posts
threepdr:

Go for it. I think you hit the nail on the head. Best of luck.

Wally

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I am always amazed at what ebay prices are. SOmetime you get a real deal, but sometimes....
threepdr, I hope it goes higher for ya. I'm glad cookieman wanted to keep his 243 barrel in the family though.

Personally, I'd sell to you all first, then ebay if no takers. Can't turn my back on family.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts