Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Update wanted, ejector - extractor change o

I used to have a diagram on how to fix that problem. Its real easy to remove the ejector and turn it into an extractor. But I don't have those plans any longer. Do a search of topics using the GB search engine and see what you come up with, because I know this was discussed sometime ago at length.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here.

Jon

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

oopps, :oops:

I want to know if HR is currently sending out extractor models in the acc barrel program. I know they were going to use up all of the ejectors, then convert.

·
Registered
790 Posts

lol i've adopted catch the brass midair to avoid having to get up and search for it in the bushes :)

·
Super Moderator
51,035 Posts

Seems to me someone said their 7.62x39 barrel had an extractor.

Tim

·
Registered
151 Posts

Better to use 2 targets. One 100 yards in front of you and the second laying on the ground about 10' behind you. See if you can get consecutive bullseyes. One with a bullet, the other with the brass. :-D

·
Super Moderator
51,035 Posts

myarmor said:
I think some of the new 204's have extractors as well.
Am I wrong?
The 204 Ruger complete rifles have an extractor, but I don't recall anyone with an acc 204 barrel saying what they had...MarkA and 95Roadking both had acc barrels fitted....FWIW....I think! :oops: Neither are on here much, though.

Tim

·
Registered
465 Posts

Earlier this Spring I had three barrels fitted to one of my frames.

All came back with ejectors.

This was about May maybe? I made a post about it regarding turn-aound time if you are interested.

Hope this helps.

Nixter

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

youngbdv said:
You can order either in the barrel program, I have a 223 with the extractor.
Have you found the extractor to be more reliable then the ejector version? Its always been my theory that it would be due the nature of the ejector's design.

·
Super Moderator
51,035 Posts

The factory extractor is mechanical, if a case gets stuck, it would tear the rim off the case as the action opens. Having experience neither with my 204 Ruger, I would expect extraction to not be a problem as it is not spring driven as the factory ejector is, even converted to an extractor. The underlug of the extractor equipped barrels is totally different from the old style ejector underlugs.

Tim
Old style on the bottom.

·
Registered
58 Posts

knight0334
I did have 1 case stick but after cleaning and polishing no more have stuck ,the 1 that stuck came out easily with a cleaning rod . Total of 30 or so rounds shot ,all were factory loads .

·
Super Moderator
51,035 Posts

Poncaguy, does your SS 22-250 have a blued hammer and barrel release??? That has been the case as reported here before and one of the reasons I don't have one yet. :( Their catalog shows it as all SS.

Tim

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I am wanting to send in to get a 223 and would prefer the extractor. HR is on summer shut down and I will call them in a week or so. I have not decided on the specific barrel, length and taper, but this may be a factor in this decision.

·
Super Moderator
51,035 Posts

poncaguy said:
Has a SS barrel release, a black(blue?) trigger and hammer
Thanks! Sounds like they come in all configurations. The pic at their web site shows even the trigger is SS, everything but the trigger guard which is plastic.

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts

Doesn't make me much difference on looks, shoots as good as my Hornet and has an excellent trigger........ :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts