·
Premium Member
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gene! That gives me reason to search! ;D

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Atlaw, If you happen to find the link, do you think perchance you could post it?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Re: Upgrade for "push in" breach plugs

Gene. I didn't see a listing for the non threaded push in style of the old huntsman with the oring seal. Is it there and I'm just missing it.
Tom

·
Registered
3,141 Posts

Trophy said:
Gene. I didn't see a listing for the non threaded push in style of the old huntsman with the oring seal. Is it there and I'm just missing it.
Tom
Don't have the answer to that, but that is where I got mine. I think I read somewhere that they don't have any now. They aren't hard to make. A friend made me one when I couldn't remember where I got the first one. It is a fitting that is female for the 209 and then male 1/4X28 for the male. It just screws into the existing breach plug where the nipple went. I guess you could make a whole breach plug including the female part of the fitting if you wanted to. I have both the screw in and push in kind of breach plugs in my old huntsmans (I have 6). Saves some on the cleaning since with the nipple crud gets back in around the firing pin. It was called a Mag Spark. Click on the pricing link and you will see them for the H&R huntsman, but now they show out of stock.http://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com/pl-spark-start.html#mag-spark

·
Registered
4,534 Posts

gene_225 said:
Don't have ......
They aren't hard to make. A friend made me one when I couldn't remember where I got the first one. It is a fitting that is female for the 209 and then male 1/4X28 for the male. It just screws into the existing breach plug where the nipple went.
......... and you will see them for the H&R huntsman, but now they show out of stock.http://www.warrencustomoutdoor.com/pl-spark-start.html#mag-spark
Gene is it possible to post a picture of the breech plug you mentioned above. I want to see if I can put one together.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Thanks! Will do.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Can't find my tripod, so the pictures are a little shaky, but hope you can see enough. The only thing that doesn't show is the two shallow slots we cut in the female hole that fit the large screw driver on my leatherman tool. That way I don't need a wrench to take it out. This one is in my .58 Huntsman.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.