Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter Cheryl has a brain tumor. Patty talked to her this morning. Patty does the talking because it's hard for me to understand conversation, especially on the phone. The tumor is pressing on the nerves that control basicly her whole body. She's in a St Louis hospitol, not sure which one, they got there about 2 AM.
She said she was trying to figure out a way to tell her Mom, my ex.

I want to be there but both cars are not in the best shape, Moms old car a 96 Taurus had the brakes go out and our 2001 malibu has a wheel bearing going out. Even if we had the money to go for motels, etc, I'm not sure that I would survive the trip. I've had a couple of really bad experiences with severe chest pains in the past several weeks, taking 3 nitros + chewing up aspirin each time.

WE had wanted to go back to ILL for my cousins 50th wedding anniv Aug 9th but decided against that too. We wanted to go because the way my health is going it would likely be my last chance to see them, missed the family reunion last month too.
Please pray for my daughter, her name is CHERYL WRIGHT. POWDERMAN. :( :(

·
Registered
19,177 Posts
Sincere prayers on the way my friend.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I will keep you all in my prayers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am new to GOB but I've read a lot of your posts Powderman and like what you have to say. I will also be praying for your daughter. For you also I will be praying to God almighty.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
prayers from here for your family

·
Registered
179 Posts
Powdermnan,

Prayers have been sent up. Keep the faith brother. God is still in the miracle business. A few years ago, a lady in our church was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Our pastor called for folks to start a 24 hour prayer vigil. Six weeks later, the doctors were confounded, there was no sigh of the cancer and they couldn't explain how or why it disappeared. One of the hardest lessons we need to learn is He is still in control and His will is always perfect even though sometimes the outcome is not what we wanted.

Semper Fi.

Dave...

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Heavenly Father;
Put your ever loving arms around Cheryl...please hold her warmly in the hollow of your hand. If you would..relieve the pain both physical and emotional. Give the doctors the wisdom they need to perform the very best moves, whether diagnostic, surgical or perscriptive.. Bless Cheryl's loved ones, give them the strength to carry them through this ordeal, and if there is anyone within their circle who has not yet committed themselves to the one, true God...please let this be the trigger for them to surrender to the urgings of the Holy Spirit and claim Jesus as their Lord and Savior. ....And it is in his name we pray...Amen

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Charlie
I have prayed since you first posted,just haven't had time to post myself
I pray for you and your entire family,
Praying helps us all, I do pray for your daughters C to have been found
early on this way it will do less harm when it's over
I pray for that.

Tommyt

1 - 20 of 26 Posts