Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
sounds frustrating. government agencies are especially hard to deal with, especially when you need something from them. the only advise i can offer is be patient; and remember that you trap more flies with sugar than with salt. next time you call, start the conversation with a bit of small talk( how are you doing today?, what's the weather like over your way today? you get the picture). after you have gotten on their good side, explain your problem and ask if there is anything that the person you are talking with could possibly do to help a fella out. be patient and understanding. alot of times if you soften someone up first, you'll be surprised how doors open for you. sometimes not, but it is worth a shot. good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
i think jhm brought up something that might help you (and i never thought of). i read an article about a year ago written by dick metcalf about getting licensed for ccw. he advocated getting a permit for carry (even if your state didnt have ccw laws) through states that do have it. his point was for vacations or for reciprocation in other states. address for florida state was given and the requirements needed to be met were listed. i am sure that someone on this site from florida would help get that info for you. if you cant get satisfaction from the state of texas; get a ccw through the state of florida that is legal in texas! food for thought. good luck! :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.