Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this were really a issue why only wear 10 cent masks? If? This is a real threat then why not wear a decent mask? Simple answer. Submission. Nothing to do with protection. I would not count my life on a cheap gun or cheap doctor or my freedom on a back stabbing cheap lawyer but mask wearers wear 10 cent masks. Pretty sure that covers it...

Reactions: rosewood

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I watch folks all the time that are not practicing hand washing and other methods to prevent the spread of germs, but they have their mask on. The reason we still have new cases popping up, folks thinks the mask protects them. They forget how germs spread. Proper hygiene is what keeps the germs away.

Rosewood

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Well...since masks don't keep me from spreading germs/viruses, then I no longer need to cover my mouth when I cough or sneeze in your direction??
We have been covering our mouths for decades. That is how you reduce the spread. If you don't have enough sense to cover you mouth, then maybe you need to wear a mask. I don't need some government official telling me to cover my mouth. My mother taught me that. The mask makes it hard for me to breath, especially when it is warm out. I can't imagine what it does to those with asthma.

Rosewood

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well...since masks don't keep me from spreading germs/viruses, then I no longer need to cover my mouth when I cough or sneeze in your direction??
Let's be real, covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze does nothing to prevent spreading germs, it transfers those germs to your hands and you spread them that way. What it does do, is prevent you from getting spit or snot on people, and too from directly sending germs their way. Wearing a mask may make it a bit more difficult to transfer germs, but again let's be real, the way most wear their masks is tantamount to spreading your fingers when you cover your mouth when you sneeze. Wearing a mask should be an individual's choice, not a mandate.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For years I have avoided those coughing and sneezing. Common sense. I learned through nbcd training and then school about wearing a filter even if just a t shirt wrapped a few times. I’d never cough on or around someone and avoid those who do. I don’t require the Gooberment or there submitted cronies to tell me what to do when most don’t understand what there talking about...

Reactions: rosewood

·
Super Moderator
10,879 Posts
I have fought the hoax of this media driven "pandemic" since its inception. I refuse to allow the media to tell me anything. That liberal snowflake politicians and gullible citizens (useful idiots) willingly gave up their rights to this media driven and now politically weaponized hoax is depressing in the extreme.

When these snowflakes get back to their dystopian "normal" lives, We The People will spread this (and every future) virus throughout humanity, in the way it has always been spread. The wearing of a mask SOLVES NOTHING. The virus is STILL HERE and until everyone is exposed, human anti-bodies will not form to combat it. Masks delay the inevitable. Natural selection. Survival of the fittest.

Back to your Lives Citizens. There is Nothing to See Here.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Well most of the rest of the has reduced the infection rate significantly, but we SHOULD just keep doing what we are doing. After all it is working so well. We have 5% of the world population and 25% of the infections. At this point I agree it really has probably passed the tipping point for containment and like the black plague we will just need to live with the outcome... I am sure all the families and friends of those who have died are relieved to hear it is just a "hoax"!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,879 Posts
People die of the flu, heart attack, lung cancer, car wrecks, bad medicine, etc., to GREATER and LESSER degrees EVERY year! When in the last 100 years has any nation let the Media STOP its total function and grip its economy in FEAR of ANYTHING?

Ignorant people are easily lead. Liberal whining about the families and friends of people dying in order to "prove" the worth of masks is asinine.
Are you equally "crying" for those beaten, looted, and killed by the BLM'ers and Defund the Policer's too? Admittedly, according to Pete, that's not a fair counter argument - changing lanes - though the parallel should be noted.

The virus is still here, as are all other viruses that preceded it. Masks do not change that. When people relax their FORCED use of masks - they WILL become exposed. Some will be infected. Some will even die.

That is Natural Selection and perhaps, when all is said and done as is the case with MOST liberal derived politics, some of it may be the result of BAD MEDICINE. We've seen bad medicine brandished about as "expert" opinions changed, liers and haters now claim other than previously held positions, and it all boils down to "it's Trump's fault" prior to the election. How convenient.

Forced use of masks, and stay home, changes nothing - these only slow down the inevitable.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Saw a statistic the other day that showed the US has the exact same overall death rate this year as last year. Now if COVID was killing so many folks, why hasn't the death rate went up?

Easy, most of these were people in poor health that were near deaths door anyway. A bad case of the flu may very well have did them in.

They are mandating mask to protect me and those around me. Why don't they mandate for me to carry a firearm to protect me and those around me from Antifa and BLM?

Rosewood

·
Super Moderator
10,879 Posts
Searching for someone to crush and blame isn't going to heal your hurt if you have lost someone to CV. In whatever time and whatever form, death comes in this life, whether planned or unplanned, natural or unnatural. It is surviving that is hard.

What I penned is neither an intent to persecute the dead nor rub salt into the wound of the living. Perhaps, NWBear has lost someone to CV. I am unaware of this. From his remark, I do not believe that to be the case. Furthermore, under my supposition and by his comment, he opened the door. No less or more than, "Do it for the children."

I returned his snarky remark to that of "disproving the worth" of wearing a mask in preventing death. I bear no responsibility for your reaction if you took my comment personally.

Do you believe that if I wore a mask your loved one would still be alive? Should I be offended by your silence in the death of my brother and my son-in-law to fentanyl OD? Where was your agnst in those deaths so close to me? Surely there has been and remains a world-wide pandemic in death from drugs. I don't hear the Media (or you) whipping up a fire storm of stay home, wear a mask, cripple the world-wide economy for losses such as these - or the thousands of other cruel ways that life ceases on this planet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It isn't the media that's telling us to wear masks; it's experts, educated physicians who have devoted their lives to dealing with pandemics. Don't shoot the messenger. As for natural selection, those that are not wise enough to take this seriously will be the first to go.

·
Registered
565 Posts
It isn't the media that's telling us to wear masks; it's experts, educated physicians who have devoted their lives to dealing with pandemics. Don't shoot the messenger. As for natural selection, those that are not wise enough to take this seriously will be the first to go.
You believe that? If what they are saying had a kernel of truth then we would not be having a BLM and Antifa problem, they would be dropping like flies. How is it that only mundane groups such as those that visit restaurants, bar,s and yes even church are a problem but all these riots are ok? There are studies, from before this current virus, that found the opposite was true regarding masks, yet NOW those are invalid??? There are medications and protocols that are working, and instead of studying their effectiveness they make it illegal to prescribe?? No, too many experts are giving contradictory information to fall for all of this.

Reactions: deadeer

·
Registered
76 Posts
Last time I looked a lot of the protesters wore masks, and nobody actually knows how many of them contracted the virus. The real experts are not giving contradictory information. Wear a mask - instead of being part of the problem.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Apparently Sweden , unlike the rest of the world, knew what they were doing. Herd immunity, as the virologists have said, seems to have worked there.

I have started wearing a mask when going into stores. It's a political statement. The mask is black and in easiably readable whithe letters it says"This mask is as worthless as my governor". That's a bit of a lie. NOTHING is as worthless as my governor.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Saw a statistic the other day that showed the US has the exact same overall death rate this year as last year. Now if COVID was killing so many folks, why hasn't the death rate went up?

Easy, most of these were people in poor health that were near deaths door anyway. A bad case of the flu may very well have did them in.

They are mandating mask to protect me and those around me. Why don't they mandate for me to carry a firearm to protect me and those around me from Antifa and BLM?

Rosewood
Do you by chance remember where you saw this? I have wanted that sort of data for months now, I can’t be the only one. Why is something like this not widely disseminated? Data must not support the agenda is what comes to my mind.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
You are correct they have spent their lives work singularly focused on one thing... However this world is about more than one thing.

My dentist is very concerned about my bite. I’ve checked into a fix, even ventured $5000 dollars down the path. It will cost an additional $35,000 (yes you read that right) and involve sawing my upper jaw loose. I don’t think I have $40,000 worth of eating left to do in my lifetime. There are much more important things, higher priorities in my life.

For me and mine the cure is worse than the ailment. If that does not hold true for you and yours, may I suggest a real mask that offers serious protection? Why in the good lords name do you put your safety in my masking up? Sounds pretty foolish on the face of it, does it not?

I wear a seatbelt, and purchase a known crash worthy automobile for my safety. I don’t require you to purchase one for my safety.

I need a kinder gentler machine gun

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

Rosewood
a brief look at available data shows that the first few months of the year the death rate was the same as most years. It really starts to spike in April through the year.
Some data I looked at has Covid 19 third leading cause of death behind Heart Disease and Cancer. However Heart Disease and Cancer are not contagious. Mask or no mask I still think it is too late to contain this, we will just need to live (or die) with it.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts