Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I promised pictures of the video tap for tapeing through the scope. I know it is not strictly Handi related but I promised it here so I will post it here. This is mounted on a 4-12 Swift AO scope in Burris Z rings on a Savage 10 in 17 Remington. If they ever let me stay home longenough I will shoot a Coyote with it and have some nice video. Larry





Video is here:

http://www.22-250.com/cup.wmv
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,878 Posts
That's pretty cool...Thanks for sharing Larry...

Mac
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
526 Posts
Hey larry! Thanks! I figured you prolly got busy or somthin! By the way that is crazy awesome! Makes me wish I had one! LOL ;D Thanks again!
Hank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,258 Posts
Larry I don't know if it would be possible but could you please give us step by step instructions on how to build this. I think this is the coolest thing since sliced bread. Thanks Dale
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will make a drawing and post them, problem is that each one would be custom for the scope you use and the video camera you choose. Basically there is a mirror behind the scope eyepiece that is at about 45 degrees and passes about 40% of the light through, the other 60% goes to the camera. You loose about 2 inches of eye relief, so either you need a long eye relief scope or a low recoil rifle. As you can see it is hard to hold sight picture even with a 17 remington, so those who say they can hold sight picture with the 22's are cleary mistaken. If you look closely the range marker is a mirror image, and the cup of coffee was to the left of the target. Larry
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
Now that is cool.You ever get a yote be sure to let us see the video!!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top