Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Anyone know anything about Viht. powders? I"ve heard they are really accurate, relatively speaking. I've seen them around for quite a while bit have never tried them. I've also noticed thatthey have some super loads for th 8x57 Mauser - equal velocity to the 06. I've noticed that Accurate powders also has some super 8x57 loads. Anyone try any of these loads for the 8x57? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Yep, they make some very good powders. I have not found anything that could equal them for accuracy in a .223 and a 30BR I was playing with a couple of years ago. As for the hot 8X57 loads, there's no problem with those as long as you're using an appropriate rifle. I wouldn't try hotrodding just any old mauser, but if you have a modern CZ, Tikka, Sako, or whatever they'll work wonderfully. Note that Sako and S&B ammo is loaded to full power in 8X57 anyway, it's just our American stuff that is kept very mild.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.