Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any truth to what I have been reading of the 25$ FEE/TAX charged on all handgun sales and a 5 CENT per bullet charge on ammo? ??? OMG...
(State on Washington, left coast)

CW

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I read the same thing. I think that Gun Owners of America is based out of Washington, so they might just have a tough go of getting that passed. gypsyman

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
I haven't read anything on it, but it doesn't surprise me a bit.

Washington, Oregon, and California are all snakepits of leftist progressives. I'm sure the GOA and other gun rights groups will fight it, but I'm afraid I wouldn't bet much on their chances of stopping it.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I just googled it. Looks like a Seattle city ordinance.

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
the city of seattle was just in the news for trying to outlaw private ownership of property
to promote equality they want to ban private property and ownership of property

its starting to sound like there is a rat in the corn out there in seattle

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
Like a lot of big cities in this country, Seattle is loaded with commies and they need to be gone. There is definitely something wrong with the air, or water in these rat holes that needs fixing. This is nothing more than an attempt to circumvent the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and the Washington State Constitution--which is even more specific than the U.S. Constitution on the right to own firearms.

What makes it even more ridiculous is that there is nothing to prevent folks from going outside the city limits to make their gun and ammo purchases. The net affect is to close down some more small businesses in Seattle. I think it at the very least violates the nature of a governing body to use the taxing authority for a purpose other than to raise revenue to finance government operations. It is pure spite on the part of the anti-gun commies in the city government and will do absolutely nothing to reduce violence in Seattle.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
The City of Norfolk has or at least had a $5 tax / Permit for all handguns purchased in the City. You had to go to the police operations center and stand in line. Most people started to buy handguns just across the river and only hurt the sellers in the city.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Scibaer said:
the city of seattle was just in the news for trying to outlaw private ownership of property
to promote equality they want to ban private property and ownership of property

its starting to sound like there is a rat in the corn out there in seattle
Seattle proposed rezoning all property zoned for single family to low density residential. No mention of banning private property.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts