Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how this will play out. I have a policy with them as do a lot of folks. I'm thinking some darned lawyers figured out how to twist this around from protection one's rights to this insurance for criminal activity. I am struggling to understand it. Scares me if this gets contageous among the anti gun states especially. I contacted USCCA and they are busily working on it. I expect if WA "reasoning" spreads, it could seriously hurt USCCA and NRA's competing programs as well.

[URL="https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/washington/articles/2019-10-22/gun-insurance-company-to-pay-100k-for-illegal-policy-plans"[/URL]

Gun Insurance Company to Pay $100K for Illegal Policy Plans
Washington state insurance commissioner fined company $100,000 and barred it from selling insurance policies in the state after promising gun owners insured criminal activity.

By Associated Press, Wire Service Content Oct. 22, 2019, at 4:51 p.m

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Washington State Fines USCCA for their insurance policies

oops sorry for near duplicate posts - my internet keeps cutting in and out and I can't tell what get posted.

Calling it insurance for criminal activity or something. I guess the similar NRA protection plan was halted too.
I don't get it. I'm fearing anti gun lawyers have found a way to twist this stuff around. Hope it doesn't spread to other states.
I contacted USCCA and they say they are working on a solution.
I found one place that call this kind of insurance "murder insurance" what a crock!
Sure seems a matter of perspective. But these guys who don't think we should ever defend ourselve are sure making things hard.

WA insurance commissioner fines gun owner association
by Lyle Adriano 22 Oct 2019
https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/us/news/breaking-news/wa-insurance-commissioner-fines-gun-owner-association-189315.aspx

Seems to me that until there is a court case that determines if a "criminal shooting" had occurred, its not a crime.
Tricky thing.

------------------------------------

Here's an older January article directed at the NRA Carry Guard program :
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/jan/15/so-called-murder-insurance-policies-backed-by-the-/

·
Administrator
26,041 Posts
I have the USCCA policy, platinum level and it sure isn't a policy for or against criminal activity. It is to defend you from charges should you have to defend yourself in a self defense situation. I sure can't understand what it is that a state can fine them for selling such insurance.

You can buy insurance for almost anything if you want it and have the money to pay for it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Weird, the loony liberals (but there I go repeating myself) wanted to mandate that all gun owners carry insurance but now they try and shut insurance down that does cover gun owners. If I didn't know better I'd say they were trying to pass laws while making it all but impossible to comply to the law (sarc)

·
22,249 Posts
yup you can even get health insurance for your cat. Whats next are they going to disqualify people for a public defender if its an issue that involves a gun?
I have the USCCA policy, platinum level and it sure isn't a policy for or against criminal activity. It is to defend you from charges should you have to defend yourself in a self defense situation. I sure can't understand what it is that a state can fine them for selling such insurance.

You can buy insurance for almost anything if you want it and have the money to pay for it.

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good points Lloyd and Apuesto. And yeah I have a USCCA policy - forget which one right now. I hope this gets squared away but the ever growing, ever warping "liberal logic" is so hard to follow. Guess well have to stay very watchful.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
So is car insurance illegal ? You run a light have an accident and get sued. In most cases the insurance company will defend you in court. Isn't running a light illegal ? If that causes a death is it not criminal ?

·
Registered
526 Posts
This one needs to end up in SCOTUS, or these left leaning states will keep making up nonsense.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
The left again..just not honest enough to admit they want to kill the second article of our Bill of Rights!

If they are liberals..they will lie, cheat, fabricate or dissemble just to get their own way ! Honesty is not I their lexicon..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts