Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me I'm shootin' two Ruger Vaqueros. .45 cal, SS with 5 1/2" barrels. An old generic sxs in .12 GA and a friends 73 Uberti lever action in .45.

Yeehaw! Ain't had this much fun since the day the hogs et my brother-in-law!!!

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
:-D Depends on the phase of the moon, which side of the bed i get up on, and what I had for supper!! :-D Some times I can't even decide till I get to a match, and even then if i'm in the mood for cleaning, I may change horsed midstream! :) I have a pair of Colts in 45, an old pair of Jager clones in 45, and a pair of ss Rugers in 357, I have a strong desire for a brace of remmies in 44-40, but alas, I have a hole in my pocket! I have a '66 in 45, a 73 in 45, and a 92 in 357. I have a NEED for another '73 in 44-40 with a 30" barrel to keem them Remmies company!! I have a Lefever 20ga sxs, a 311 16ga, and a Browning sxs 20. I missed the 1887 vintage Remington fluid steed mule eared sxs due to the same pocket hole. American Derringer, Browning '86 for long range lever, and a Taylors Sharps for Single Shot and Buffalo Single shot.
At least today, who knows tomorrow???? :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ButlerFord45

It is obvious you have too many guns. This condition poses an undue burden on yer what do I shoot today intellimitude!

In the spirit of the cowboy way, I will be happy to relieve you of this tiresome burden.

Feel free to send me yer guns!!! I'm full growed an' all haired over. I can take it.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
:D Biggun, "Too Many Guns" is a ficticious malady perpetrated by Democrats! My problem is that my safe's too small!!! MORE GUNS FOR EVERYBODY I'm gonna run for president and that's gonna be one of the foundation planks in my platform!!! :-D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't think that one was gonna fly. :(

I look forward to some real interesting stages when you're in the white house!

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
:grin: I got one new move, I'm gonna call it the "TalibanTripleTap" Ya gotta hit each hump of the camel before ya hit the terorist!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I shoot 45 Colt everything I think AWA EMF COLT Rugers Marlin Winchesters. 73,66 Gotta get me a 66 or 73 in 44/40 for my BP shooting.

FLat like the BP .

Pete :-D

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I want that DELUX 30" '73 in 44-40 fer Long Range Rifle!!! :grin:

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Waddaya shhot

Been shooting a Cimmaron and USFA 38-40, Navy Arms/Uberti 66 in 44-40 and a Stoeger side-by-side 12ga. Often shoot 2 Pietta Rems with R&D cylinders in 45Colt, or two Navy Arms Russian 44's.and occasionally 2 Ruger Old Armies.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shot a Uberti 73 Deluxe in .45 at a shooting sports festival last fall. It had been slicked up a little and oh man I'll tell ya it'll spoil you for anything less. So many guns, so little money. Sigh.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
ButlerFord45, with a slogan like that, You got my vote!

I shoot a pair of 44 colt Cimarron R-M conversions and a Henry in 44-40.
Sometimes I shoot my '66 in 44-40 but I really like that Henry for style points. When you shoot as slow as I do, you need lots of style so people don't mind watching that long. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
:D Well, Rambler, I now have two votes and a hanging chad, I think It's going well!!!! :-D

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
One a month

Yep, keeps the state bringing in Sales Tax.... Can't but two though, so much for consecutive numbers. New law for 2003, gotta take a test to show you know how to unload the gun, witnessed by the seller. Every time you buy a gun, Wonder if the guys who wrote and passed the law know how? :-D

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm shootin" a pair of Cabelas Millenium revolvers in 45 colt (uberti clones),an LSI Puma 92 lever gun in 45 with th 24" octagon barrel and a stoeger double in 12 ga. All in all, a very cheap way to get to get my feet wet without breaking the bank .
Dennis

·
Registered
470 Posts
Funny, me too. Exactly the same stuff:

Right now I have a Uberti 73 in 45 and a Norinco 97 with a nice action job. Have an AWA Longhorn and a Uberti Doug Turnbull custom clone in 357. Great leather rig. Traded Big Ed a shotgun for 2 holsters, cuffs and spur straps. Fancier than those on his site, even. And Latigo Jim here in TN made a beautiful belt to go with all of it. I may have Jim make a sheath for my stag handled Bowie knife. He does great work.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts