Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt a little left out when it was time to see my Korean war F86 saber jets fly over, it was having mechanical trouble what a let down. but I thought the announcer got a little carried away when he talked about how in starting to refuel planes in the air there was a man on the wing of one aircraft flying close to another with a hose and fuel nozzle in his hand, I think he was making a joke, I almost fell out of my recliner from laughing.

Deaconllb

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
The announcer was terrible. He was always saying the wrong thing and then trying to correct himself.

Otherwise it was great. Wish I watched the whole show. Music was excellent. Navy Sea Chanters and the US Army Band Pershing's Own.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Fireworks from the Capitol on PBS now. Music from many others too.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I felt it all no less than awesome. This from a career military pilot. My wife was surprised as I named the AC that were being described, before they were announced.

Yes, there were mistakes, but I'm old enough to understand that no one is perfect. I had tears in my eyes through much of the second half of the demonstration.

I was lucky enough to have been part of the very first JAAT exercises with the Air Force and Army working together on live fire exercises. I called in and controlled artillery, Cobra and A10 fire, all on my commands.

We were all, back then, both Air Force and Army Pilots, swashbuckling men, bigger than Life.. LOL.
That's how we felt. I give my prayers 🙏 tonight to those brave men I flew with, no longer here. You will always and forever be my heros.

God Bless you're wholesome souls and God Bless our Nation on this very special day, and every other day. 🇺🇸

·
23,845 Posts
Well, I'm very proud of my Law Enforcement career/service, and remember the friends and acquaintances that gave all, and a few still on "that thin Blue Line".

I think about family members, and Linda and I's three sons that served, and all military veterans.

Our youngest with 3 combat tours as a Staff Sgt. in the 82nd Airborne will be here tomorrow with his son and fiance for 3 days. Can't wait.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I can reflect back to my days in Korea and with pride remember those I served with, the guys who came back and did that thing when they would put that 86 in a steep climb and go out of sight when they had made a kill or the one who came back last and did a barrel roll or two down the runway when he finished that 100 mission or the ace Major Davis with 14 kills and also a ww2 Medal of Honor holder who we lost and him or plane was never found. Then we have these nuts today who have never done anything but bitch and burn and complain, Makes me sick. These nuts and this is what they are don't understand that freedom is not free. It is paid for with BLOOD AND LIVES AND LIMBS AND ARMS.

Deaconllb

·
Registered
216 Posts
The announcer was terrible. He was always saying the wrong thing and then trying to correct himself.

Otherwise it was great. Wish I watched the whole show. Music was excellent. Navy Sea Chanters and the US Army Band Pershing's Own.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. They should have gotten someone from EAA AirVenture to do it, especially as AirVenture is cancelled this year, so the person certainly would have been available. Tonight's WH flyover event was basically a smaller version of what AirVenture does quite professionally every year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts