Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a new 22-250, and was wondering what everybody thought about the Weatherby Varmint special. I seems like a good deal its around $500. I am also looking at a Savage Varmint 12 BVSS. The Savage is about $200 more. The Weatherby has a blued 22" .750 dia barrel, tan with black spider web stock. The Savage has a 26" flutted stainless barrel, brown laminated stock. Does anyone have experience with either of these rifles, witch rifle is better??? THANKS!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a 112 savage in 25-06 that shoots excellent. Also have 2 extra barrels for it , change time on the barrels is about 20 min. Can't do that with a Weatherby. Also personally don't buy foreign made guns anymore. Is hard for the home team when everyone wants a tikka or some other foreign made arm. Don't know where the wby. is made , but I do know where Savage is made , have been to the factory. Didn't have to fly or paddle a boat. Will get flamed for this I guess but I don't care. Have watched the American manufacturers suffer to long .

·
Registered
261 Posts
IS THAT A WEATHERBY VANGUARD. IF IT IS NOT AND IS A REAL WEATHERBY YOU BETTER JUMP ALL OVER IT. THAT IS A 1000 DOLLAR GUN

·
Registered
46 Posts
Vanguard is a Howa ,and Howa's are great rifles if the Howa you are looking at is their varmint rifle they are known to be very accurate rifles and are worth your consideration.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
I read somewhere that the Howa/Vangaurd/Mossberg atr were all the same gun/design. Internals and everything. I don't know if it is true or not.

·
Registered
261 Posts
IT IS NOT TRUE. THE MOSSBERG FIT AND FINISH IS THE WORST GUN I HAVE EVER SEEN. I OWN A GUN STORE A SEMI LARGE ONE THEY ARE REALLY BAD. KINDA LIKE THE REMINGINGTON 710. THE WEATHERBY VANGUARD IS ALOT BETTER FINISH.

PAUL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts