Graybeard Outdoors banner

Weatherby or Savage

973 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  barr25-06 
#1 ·
I am going to buy a new 22-250, and was wondering what everybody thought about the Weatherby Varmint special. I seems like a good deal its around $500. I am also looking at a Savage Varmint 12 BVSS. The Savage is about $200 more. The Weatherby has a blued 22" .750 dia barrel, tan with black spider web stock. The Savage has a 26" flutted stainless barrel, brown laminated stock. Does anyone have experience with either of these rifles, witch rifle is better??? THANKS!!!

#2 ·
I have a 112 savage in 25-06 that shoots excellent. Also have 2 extra barrels for it , change time on the barrels is about 20 min. Can't do that with a Weatherby. Also personally don't buy foreign made guns anymore. Is hard for the home team when everyone wants a tikka or some other foreign made arm. Don't know where the wby. is made , but I do know where Savage is made , have been to the factory. Didn't have to fly or paddle a boat. Will get flamed for this I guess but I don't care. Have watched the American manufacturers suffer to long .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.