Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. THis looks like a good board so I am sure I'll be sticking around. If I do I'll probably be visiting here a whole lot. My question are what is everyone's general political beliefs?

I am a 20 year old male who values the Constitution, so I have a sort of right-winged Christian beliefs on the COnstitution being absolute. Now that doesn't make me a republican. I have voted mostly for republicans but that is mostly out of the "lesser of the two evils neccessity." SOme republicans I like, a few democrats too, but I am more for a independent group since the republicans seem to be in bed with the democrats on some issues,(gun control,) or are too soft on stuff like privacy. (Just look at the new anti terror acts.) I've also almost ran for a Kansas representative last year when the Constitution party needed someone to run against a Democrat, but sadly they didn't submit my name in time so I didn't run. Oh Well....

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Well hello everyone. What are your beliefs

1. I believe Laws were written as a substitute for common sence for those that do not know right from wrong.
2. I believe that the writers of our constitution felt the same way. The laws were well thought out and simple, they needed no one to interpret them.
3. I believe that, for the most part, most of our lawmakers maintained their intregity as being representatives of the people for some years after winning our independence.
4. I believe that for the better part of the last two hundred years our lawmakers have increasingly been making new laws soley for the purpose of allowing themselves and/or their financial supporters, personal gain.
5. I believe that now there is not one lawmaker I'd now care to turn by back on.
6. I believe that we are now selling our rights, freedoms, and our responsibilities for psudosecurity.
7. I fear that as a nation, we have passed the point of no return, and that in another hundred years the founding principles of this nation will be lost.

·
Registered
319 Posts

I think ButlerFord has it about right except #7. I believe that long before another hundred years pass that this country will have fragmented into at least 5 separate parts, maybe 6 or 7. Mexico, the European Union and possibly Canada will exercise some measure of control over some of the fragments, under the auspices of the United Nations.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts

:D Male
Heterosexual
American
Christian
Conservative
Pro-gun
( I first saw this on an ad for a tee shirt, but I ain't gonna pay $18 for it. Maybe I should add "cheap.")[/color]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Here's a group you could never talk politics about. We'd all agree. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts