Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looky what i found... a forum for freedom arms!
on one hand i thought the single action forum was enough to cover it; but after now seeing a f.a. forum, the thought hit me that such a fine gun deserves it's own forum. after all, the lesser makes seem to all have one. and i have to say i like the forum placement, right near the top of the list. first manufacturer on the list. :wink:
good to see!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Can you believe it! :eek: :eek: :eek:
We got one.
Man this is gonna be fun. To have a forum that will have mostly positive feedback. I know those fellas are having trouble with those Ruger barrels backing out. I feel for each and everyone of them. But to have a place that is gonna be upbeat really is great. :grin:
You know, this GB forum is... in the words of Will Smith in the movie Men in Black, "The best of the best of the best."
Thanks Bill!!!! :D

Dennis

·
Registered
570 Posts
guess i'm gonna have to save my pennies for one of these just
to see what I presume I must be missing.
I will admit I do like the FA83 field grade gee whiz I would have to sell
my truck to get one :shock:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Freedom Arms Handguns

Thanks Bill, I feel this will be a great forum, Due to the popularity of the Freedom Arms Quality and standards, Thanks again.....Joe.........

·
Premium Member
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mr.frosty said:
guess i'm gonna have to save my pennies for one of these just
to see what I presume I must be missing.
I will admit I do like the FA83 field grade gee whiz I would have to sell
my truck to get one :shock:
not really. i once owned three super blackhawks. didnt seem too steep because i had three guns and paid for each one seperately. then they all broke. three guns. and not one worth a hill of beans. so i started looking at the forums here, and someone said they found a f.a. on an auction site for under a grand. i figured i had 1300 invested in the three rugers, if i could get a f.a. for under 1000 i would be in good shape. so i started watching the auction sites and in a short time found a model 83 field grade and got it for $900.01. all the rugers are now gone, with the lone f.a. to do the job three rugers couldnt handle. they can be found at a deal if a fellow wants to find one. ****, a few months back a dude was trying to sell a 83 in 50 action express in the g.b.o. forums for $900 i believe. if you need a hand looking, let me know and i will help keep an eye open for a deal. but please dont waste my time unless you are serious.
as a matter of fact....
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976593531.htm

buy that one, take off the scope and mount, sell the scope and mount on ebay, and you will have your f.a. for around $850; or somewhere thereabouts. :wink:

·
Registered
218 Posts
A great idea , A FA forum

I have a pair of 83s in 454 , The first Was a Like new 4 3/4 inch with fixed sights I picked up for $850 and then I ran accross a 10 inch barrel with a 2.5X7 T/C scope for $900 and could not leave it . I am now in the process of setting up to make Availible grips that you finish yourself

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I've got a 7.5" field grade 454 Casull that sports a Leupold 2X scope and I once thought of selling it but my interest has swung to SA revolvers so it'll be in the gun case for a least a few more years. This year I'd like to get a 45 Colt with about a 6" barrel but I'm jumping back and forth between fixed sights and adjustable. The fixed sights are "cool" but the adjustable are more practical. Decisions, decisions!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
sights

Had the same dilemma on sights vs scope----last year I sold my 10 inch scoped model 83 .454 premier and got another ---7 1/2 inch with express sights and I love it! ---Fits my usage better.--- I did leave a scope on my model 97 22lr/22mag---squirrels are a little small for express sights---at least for my 60 yr old eyes. :eek: pg

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Yeah, old timers like us (are ya an "old timer" when yer in yer sixties?!!) have gotta deal with that. However, I'm not look'n for another hunting handgun, I've got two already and haven't been hunting in years! (Pig hunt next month though!) This'll be one of them "I'm gitt'n it 'cuz I want it" guns. What I'm look'n for is a "ranch gun" 'cept I ain't got no ranch to pack it around!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts