Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped in at a local Pawn Shop today. They had a NEF Handi in 30-06 with a decent scope on it for a really good price...I don't need another
30-06 but I almost had to slap my hand to keep from buying it. I probably could have sold the barrel and recoped alot of the cost. I also need the scope for my new 204 barrel..I had better quit talking about it or I will go back after it....

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
have ya left yet???? :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
:-D :-D maybe ya need to scratch it... :wink:

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Heck...go buy it..and sell the whole thing on e-bay...you'll be able to buy another one and a scope for what you'll get out of it...add a couple of bolts and screws to it...and WHAMMO instant customized Handi. you'll get triple the price....... :) :-D :)

Mac

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah, my local shop has one in .30-06 that I have been looking over. Its been there for a couple of months, and I can get it for $150 + tax. Only thing is, I don't need a .30-06. Maybe I could do the eBay thing with the barrel though!

Hey, that's in idea. I could use the frame for my extra .223 barrel, and auction off the .30-06 barrel.

Hmmmm....

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
$150 with a decent scope sounds like a good deal. Check the serial number though to make sure it qualifies for factory barrels in case you ever get the urge.

·
Registered
922 Posts
How did that want for it? I think you should just go ahead and scratch your itch. :wink: You know you want to :grin:

·
Registered
585 Posts
What serial range does it need to be in? I don't think the gun is very old, but I've never heard that about the serial numbers.

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
First sentence on the Accessory Barrel page...

Additional barrels may be added to firearms of our manufacture since 1987 only, with a serial number that begins with N or H. ....
That makes ND or HD and later the only frames they can fit to.... and the high pressure calibers will only be fitted to O or P ('98 or '99) and later for the asterisked * calibers...

*For this barrel, please call Customer Service at (978) 630-8220 to see if it can be fitted to your receiver.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts