Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...with my son so he could get a new scope for the 45 Colt that I stubbed and he claimed. They had a 444 on the rack and the thing followed me home. I couldn't just let it set there all by itself. Now I need to buy a scope, rings, and ammunition :) :) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Last month, my local Dick's store still had a few .44's @ $279 and .444's at $179. The last 45-70 @ $179 they had, followed me home. Been trying to stay out of there, want one of those .44's pretty bad. ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,225 Posts
WLB said:
...with my son so he could get a new scope for the 45 Colt that I stubbed and he claimed. They had a 444 on the rack and the thing followed me home. I couldn't just let it set there all by itself. Now I need to buy a scope, rings, and ammunition :) :) :)
Greenwood?

Thanks, Dinny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
neck, the 444 was 179 here also. Couldn't pass it up.

Dinny, yes greenwood store. That was the last 444 and the last H&R they had according to the clerk. I tried to buy more. :) :) :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,225 Posts
Last time I was there they only had two 45-70s for $199.

Thanks, Dinny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
parson, I don't have any need for that 444 either and after checking on buying brass ($48.00 for 50) it may be a while before I ever fire it. I really liked the synthetic stock that is on it and having another receiver is always a good thing.

John, once the manager double checked the paper work that the clerk did, carried the gun to the cashier, and then carried it out the door and handed it to me, it went willingly. It knew it would have a good home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
WLB said:
John, once the manager double checked the paper work that the clerk did, carried the gun to the cashier, and then carried it out the door and handed it to me, it went willingly. It knew it would have a good home.
I have a VERY low opinion of Dick's in general - numerous bad experiences. I don't even bother to go in these days - regardless of what deals they may have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
Airsporter said:
WLB said:
John, once the manager double checked the paper work that the clerk did, carried the gun to the cashier, and then carried it out the door and handed it to me, it went willingly. It knew it would have a good home.
I have a VERY low opinion of Dick's in general - numerous bad experiences. I don't even bother to go in these days - regardless of what deals they may have.
I too have an extremely low opinion of that chain, even more so after the stunt they pulled after one of the school shootings. they cancelled hundreds of orders for a really cheap ar.
I always say that dicks is the most accurately named chain in the world, truth in advertising at its finest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,292 Posts
Deals are where ya find 'em; ya done good. Now just bite the bullet and ante up for the brass and get to loading that puppy! The pain is only reaching for the wallet, after ya got the brass and are shooting it all goes away ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,004 Posts
Stopped in to the local Dick's today. They have a 12 ga. Ultra-lite slug hunter for $127 plus tax. I am not interested but if you are send a pm and I'll get the store information to you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,509 Posts
I don't really care for Dicks either, npi. I wonder if they still have my two 45-70s in the back room. I got delayed and they said I would have to come back and fill out another form until I passed. I went to their other store and walked out with one ??? Love the instant background check ::) They said they couldn't sell the two to anyone because my name was attached to the serial #s. Either bad business sense or ignorance of their policy by the clerk. If it's true there may be a couple there 50 years from now ;D

WLB, at that price you can afford some brass for it. I'd have tried for it and I have three now :-[ Get the stuff you need and enjoy it, life's short ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll probably get some ammo for it over the winter. Have too many things going on right now to shoot it or any thing else. What I need is a building with a high enough ceiling for a lift so I can work on my cars standing up. The old body is about used up getting down on the floor and back up a hundred times to do a job. :) :) :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,509 Posts
Totally understand. Waiting for winter myself and can't get two vehicles fixed sitting in the driveway. Once I get on the ground I don't feel like getting back up :(

I'd settle for an old fashioned pit I could walk down like we have at work for greasing trucks ;) Then I'd get tired of climbing out of it to fetch the tool I need ;D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top