Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
set trigger for ruger #1

my smith and i both have ruger #3's built for 250/3000. we tried for 6 months to get canjar to build us single set triggers. every time we called there was some kind of lame legged excuse. we finally gave up! we found a single set in brownel's for ruger #1 or #3. the KEPPLINGER. i have had the trigger for about a year and love it. the primary is adjusted to 2 1/2 lbs the set is a hair under 8oz. i don't think you would be disappointed if you are a set trigger fan.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think you get a Canjar from the company. I'm not sure, but think there is quite a wait on them. The Kepplinger is a high class alternative. I had thought the Canjar was a little more expensive than the Kep. Last time I priced one (a long time ago) it was about 30-40 bucks higher than the Kep. The only No.1 that I've had that really needed a new or reworked trigger was a No.1 B, and I sold it, so the No.1's I still have, all wear the original, unadjusted triggers and they are very sweet. That 1B had a terrible trigger though, not sure why. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
canjar trigger is here

:D My canjar single set trigger is finaly here,I ordered it through the shop"Epps" and it only took just over a month,from the factory.Not to bad,it cost me $215 with taxes.
I had a heavy duty Wolf hammer spring put in and a competition hammer installed,ordered from Brownells,now the canjar single set trigger installed,only have to wait to get it back after getting it rechambered to 257 Weatherby Mag from 2506.Have brass and dies and bullets already to go,hope it gets done soon.The shop is 2 to 3 weeks behind right now.
Will just have to keep bugging them.
Frank S. :D

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Northern Hunter that sounds like a really sweet long range set up. Make sure and let us know how it shoots when you get everything going.
BruceP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.