Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a conflicted culture we live in..

Woman has an auto accident that puts her and her months in gestation baby in the hospital, where the baby died, She is accused of reckless driving and stands charged with MANSLAUGHTER ! That baby was between 7 & 8 months of gestation when the accident occurred.
Now, if that woman had chosen to kill that child @ 7-8 months of gestation, I suppose she could have done so with a butcher knife ..or have a Planned Parenthood "hit man".. kill the baby...and there would be no questions asked.
If that isn't a conflicted culture, I don't know any other so screwed up..with the possible exception of North Korea..

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-court-weighs-pregnant-womans-conviction-babys-death-162328739.html

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive." From "Marmion" by..Sir Walter Scott

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Re: What a conflicted culture we live in..

RT may be Russian but they were saying some very scary things about our economy last night.
They don't see the numbers we are being told they are. They put unemployment at 27%.
Taking in all those that have given up on finding a job or no longer get unemployment.
Their economist can't see how it's possible for us or the EU to keep taking in all these immigrants and refugees.
We don't have the money.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts

Argent11 said:
They put unemployment at 27%.

That's using the pre-94 statistical model, which was ordered out of existence because it was spooky accurate.
U-3 is reported at 5%, but that's just those filing for unemployment.
U-6 is reported at 10%, and that includes short term discouraged and marginalized.
... but those are based on participation. They do not include those who could/should work but are not participating.

If you have a school aged kid, ask them how they would determine unemployment rate. Take their math and apply it to our country, and you'll probably get close to 27% ... simple, pure, unadulterated math.

Yeah, we can't get math right, how are we supposed to manage the logic of charging a woman with manslaughter of her unborn baby in a world where that's her (adamant) right.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts

TeamNelson said:
Argent11 said:
They put unemployment at 27%.

That's using the pre-94 statistical model, which was ordered out of existence because it was spooky accurate.
U-3 is reported at 5%, but that's just those filing for unemployment.
U-6 is reported at 10%, and that includes short term discouraged and marginalized.
... but those are based on participation. They do not include those who could/should work but are not participating.

If you have a school aged kid, ask them how they would determine unemployment rate. Take their math and apply it to our country, and you'll probably get close to 27% ... simple, pure, unadulterated math.

Yeah, we can't get math right, how are we supposed to manage the logic of charging a woman with manslaughter of her unborn baby in a world where that's her (adamant) right.

We can't that's how but we still do.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts

27% sounds (and looks) about right. In my area there is easy that number of working age who don't, I see it everyday. EBT cards are easily 50% of the transactions i can see at my local grocery.

My country has changed tremendously in the last 5 or so years..probably way before that it started going down but it didn't hit around here till recently. I've never seen such divisiveness from an economic, cultural and racial standpoint. And its all downhill from here. Donald Trump may offset this for a little while :eek: but even he can't stop it. The only positive i have is that i remember when it was all "the way it used to be". Other than that its all pretty much crap.

·
Registered
110 Posts

An assault on the mother that results in the death of the fetus but doesn't kill the mother can be prosecuted as a murder as it should be. Even if the fetus wasn't viable. But the mother can "choose" to have the baby killed and no problem. We live in a culture that is at odds with reality.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts

ironglow said:
Now..what was that OP about ? ;) :D
Examples of how conflicted our culture is; let's face it, the same folks that think she should be tried for manslaughter also believe unemployment is 5%, stocks are a sound investment, and the Iranians will do a great job inspecting their own nuke program. I think the problem isn't that there is a single culture, and it's conflicted with itself. No there are several cultures in competition, and right now the progressives are vying to be top dog. We stopped feeding the dog I have in the fight and he's getting his butt whooped.

·
Registered
11,068 Posts

Everything else aside, I can see how the woman might be guilty of killing her unborn baby if it could be proven that she purposely crashed her vehicle with the intent to cause sufficient injury to herself that would also be lethal to the baby. That sets the bar kind of high--unless there is a confession.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

It read, she was charged with a dui, and acquitted on one charge. On a driving incident from 7 years ago? And the D.A. is pushing for a reckless manslaughter charge. I'm with Scibaer on this one. If this is the best you can do, you better change professions. gypsyman

·
Registered
7,740 Posts

JonnyReb said:
27% sounds (and looks) about right. In my area there is easy that number of working age who don't, I see it everyday. EBT cards are easily 50% of the transactions i can see at my local grocery.

My country has changed tremendously in the last 5 or so years..probably way before that it started going down but it didn't hit around here till recently. I've never seen such divisiveness from an economic, cultural and racial standpoint. And its all downhill from here. Donald Trump may offset this for a little while :eek: but even he can't stop it. The only positive i have is that i remember when it was all "the way it used to be". Other than that its all pretty much crap.

Are we on the same page here? What does this post have to do with the OP? Lets keep it on topic folks!

·
Banned
3,717 Posts

OK.... back to the OP.

"We" are conflicted because someone has a mouse in his pocket. People do not WANT-NEED-BELIEVE the same things. People have rights. Many believe that "they" have-know-believe-- in the RIGHT RIGHTS. Others believe in, want and think the WRONG rights. The cure is simple. If people believe something is wrong-- they should not DO it. If someone else does it-- THEY are responsible for the consequences. If one thinks failing to PREVENT the "evil" from happening is their responsibility, then they are also "responsible" for all the disease that could have prevented by paying to vaccinate all children, for all the hungry in the world they could have fed had they donated 100% of their income above the subsistence level to feed them, for every homeless person they did NOT bring home with them.

Some would think it was my fault that they hit me, because I did not duck fast enough.

Want to have some degree of UN-CONFLICT ?? Have EVERYONE tend to their own damned business.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

From Twoshooter;
"The cure is simple. If people believe something is wrong-- they should not DO it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't believe for instance, that drunk driving or murder is right, so I shouldn't do it..agreed..
...But somehow, you are implying that if others practice these things it should be acceptable by me?
Somehow that doesn't pass the "smell test"..

" No man is an island"..(John Donne)

·
Banned
3,717 Posts

I did not say you had to like, approve, participate, support or agree with it. Just that it is not your business. Just like if someone is having a heart attack and wants to rely on asking an imaginary invisible person for help instead of dialing 911-- I would not insist on CPR-- even though it in my opinion demonstrates diminished capacity. They have rights.....

·
Registered
9,740 Posts

I personally don't think sexually molesting children is right, and I don't do it. By twoshooters statement, that's all that needs to be done - what other people do is not my business.

I personally don't think eating children, or sacrificing them to stone idols, or burning them alive is right, and I don't do it.
I don't think beating my wife is okay, or molesting my animals. I don't think building a nuclear weapon in my garage is okay.
There is a whole raft of things that I don't think are okay, and I don't do them ... and neither should anyone else, really.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts