Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IINM we had a thread going asking what you where currently loading...

Thought I might try a new thread... :)

I'm loading 223 Rem and 300 BO.

Here is 100 FED 223 cases getting prepped....

Here is 50 or so LC 300 BO cases being prepped.

Gotta watch the OAL...

Here is a loading with H322 and a 40g Nosler Balistic tip.

Here is some Remington Nickle 223 cases with a 55g Sierra HP

What are you loading? ;) ;D ;D ;D

CW

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Just finished up some 223 40 grain VMax. For predator hunting this year. Gonna be loading some 180 grain Xtps 357 max for my twin daughters ,twin maxes. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I have been stamping out some 308 Winchester, since I have a new bolt gun chambered in this cartridge.

A few 180 grain Nosler Partitions charged with a generous amount of Hodgdons BL-C(2). This load is very accurate in my Mossberg MVP.

Also about 100, 150 grain Bronze Points charged with Varget. This is the most accurate load in this rifle.

ch

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
nothing unfortunately. :'( :( :'(
no time to get anything done other than
necessary chores and such. new roof.
trees trimmed. no fun stuff.

to borry a hi ebber, i do have enough
proven loads to harvest enough of
anything i might feel like dragging
back and cleaning

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Lately I have loaded 22 Hornet, 221 Fireball, 223 Remington,30-06, 7.62X39 and 44 Magnum. It is tinder dry here in Oregon Trail country and I won't shoot when I may start a fire. To take out my frustrations, I have been on a loading binge. Brian, I am curious about your 223 H322 with 40 Gr Nosler load. That may be a good load for the 12" Contender barrel in 223 I ordered today from MGM. I can go crazy waiting the four to six weeks it takes to arrive. I have been through it before and the wait is worth it to me. Keep loading!
FM

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Since I'm in an apartment until the house is finished....I loaded several thousand 223, 300BLK, 9mm, 45acp, 6.8spc, 460Rowland and 357mag. I had to pack pretty much all of my rifles and handguns for the duration and simplify. I took a few 45acps, 9mms, a 357, 380 and 327FED handguns with me. I also took my Tavor and my Saiga Iszmash AK for "long guns." I buy 7.62x39 for $5 a box as I need them and use my pre-loaded stuff for everything else.

However....I did bring the basics with me to load a few calibers that I'll be using in couple weeks for a hunt in TENN. I've been loading for the 429GNR and the 300GNR. Both are wildcats and use H110 powder...simple!

The 429GNR is a 454Casull necked down to 44cal and I use a SPMP, >30gr of H110 and a 240gr xtp. My 5" barrel get a bit under 1500fps.

The 300GNR is a shortened 30herrett that I make from 30-30 brass that fits into a SBH length cylinder. Requires cutting, die forming, champhoring and then resizing again. I use >19gr of H110, LPMP and a 110gr or a 125gr bullet. Velocity from a 7" barrel is 2020fpf with a 125gr bullet and 2110fps with a 110gr bullet. Much higher with lighter bullets but I haven't tried them yet.

That's all for me!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
I'm planning on loading .32 Special tonight. 165 grain FTX bullets over Leverevolution powder. Tomorrow I'll sight in my 1894 and be good to go for bear and deer season.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Lately I've been concentrating on my Garand, 30-06 loads with IMR 4064and 168 gr Sierras HPBT, and my .308 bolt gun with 155 A-Max and 168 gr. Sierras. My other 4 rifle cartridges and 6 handgun cartridges have been "neglected" since I got my 2 new long guns... :-\
My Garand is far and away the "funnest" firearm I own, even funner than my 10-22... ;D

·
24,008 Posts
finished load development for the year a few weeks ago. Been just plinking with handguns lately. Have a little project next week though. Got a new in line two weeks ago and worked up a great shooting load with the hornady pointed tipped bullet and a 100 grains of blackhorn. Saw on another fourm where a guy was shooting .476 cast bullets in his and he turned me on to a place that sells the sabots. So ive got 4 different cast 475 bullets cast out of #2 with a pure lead nose casted to play with. Sure would be cool to find a load with them too. A 100 grains pushes them at about 1600 fps and 120 to 1700 with a 350 grain bullet. I have a custom marlin 94 in 475 and it pushes that same bullet to 1600 and it knocked the cork out of a 1000 lb buffalo so it sure should make an inline into a formidable tool.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lloyd,
Couple years back I switched to full bore slugs and havent looked back since. I mean a guy like me who likes large bors was losing something using a sabotted bullet right!?? I am using PBR? I think... I havent bought them in a couple years cause when I found the ones that worksed well, I bought a bunch of boxes. I wanted to try the newer powders... but I have the "unmentionable" Breech plug. ;) PLUS I have 5-6 pounds of RS powder. But good news is its a great shooter with 90 grs.

Last night I stopped at a buddies house who has been braggin on his new chop saw he bought on Amazon for 19$ for shopping 223 to make 300 BO cases... I brought about 300 LC brass and a six pack. Well about 80-90 in, his lil saw was laboring. Did not sound great and was having some motor brush issues. :)

We decided to give it a break, so went upstairs and watched a quarter of the army foot ball game. Went back down and got about another 100-120 cases chopped before it was SMOKIN!! another 10-15 cases and the motor was completely shot, did nto have the "power" to chop tissue paper. ::)

It WAS allot faster then my drill press, able to chop 7-8 a minute where I barely did two. But as I remind him, mine still works. :) The "jig" is still good, so we are gonna stop at the local Harbor freight and grab a new saw. 8) 8) 8) 8)

If it works... here is a lil video of the saw "working"...HAHAHA

[/URL]

CW

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought the HF was ornange?
Gonna stop today and buy one I hope.

Did you able to see video? This saw cut less than 400 cases before it was T.U.

CW

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
.32 Special ready to head to the range. 165 FTX Hornady over a max charge of LVR.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hey cw what happened to the video. photobucket said you either renamed it or deleted it.

Is the "jig" a part of the chop saw, or was it something you bubbaed?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts