Graybeard Outdoors banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Hadn't had a hunting bow in 14 or so years and got back in a couple of years ago on the cheap with a PSE Stinger. It is a very accurate bow (1 robinhood within the first 2 weeks of purchase). Didn't get to shoot a deer with it last year, but got a doe on opening morning this year and a button buck on Election Day.

I have already been looking at the Martin Silencer to replace the Stinger, but I really feel that the Stinger shoots so good that I don't want to make the jump just yet.

Yep, just talked myself out of a new bow!

Update #2:

I now have a 2012 Bowtech Insanity set at 70# and the Invasion (also set at 70#) will now become my 3D bow. I am sorry to say the the Guardian will be sold here real soon...wife said that one has to go!

For Mother' Day I bought her a new Bowtech Heartbreaker in Black Ops with pink strings. So her Bowtech soldier will be her back up. I am hoping to get her into 3D shooting as well.

Well lets see I regularly shoot my Blacktail takedown recurve at 54#, have another Blacktail one peice recurve at 55#, keep an old Indian Archery Cochese 40#er in the garage strung most of the time for shooting when ever and this past year picked up a Dwyer original longbow 66inchs 54#, Have shot three out of the four with the last week....

Compounds;
2006 Martin Slayer, 63#'s, C nitrous, X system shoot thru, QuikTune 3000, HHA OL 5519 is my hunter.
2006 Martin Slayer 55#'s, C nitrous, X system shoot thru, QuikTume 3000, HHA OL 5519 fo 3D and field rounds.
Recurves;
1972 Darton Fury, 60", 48#s @ 28"...scarce bow, have seen only one other, a 1975 model on Ebay. Bought it new
1969 Ben Pearson Cougar 62", 45#'s @ 28"...the stump shooter, just a great old bow.Had it since it was a pup!
I draw every thing to 30". I shoot the compounds with a release, and the recurves with fingers, instintive. ;D

mathews DXT ( catch us if you can ) :eek: 8) :eek: ;) [/color]

I shoot a bear Charge 60-70# set at 60. Trophy ridge package, gold tip white tail hunter arrows and g5 striker broadheads.

Well, I kept the PSE Stinger for a couple more years and found a BUY on a new, old-stock Martin Silencer Pro that was a 2012 model and got it just before the 2013 season. The Silencer shoots even better than the Stinger did.

Now that Martin is reorganized and has some fresh blood on the design team, I'd be interested in seeing what they come up with for 2015. Their 14 lineup is a rehab of 2013 - the new management didn't have much time to launch a bow lineup, since the deal was finalized last fall. I really did like the looks of the xenon. Part of me wants to run out and scoop one up if I find a deal, but the other part of me wants to hold out and see what they have in the pipeline for next year.

Still shooting my Bowtech Pro 40. It's been an outstanding bow, and I've taken countless deer with it. Back in the day, I would get the latest and greatest bow out...but I finally settled down. The Pro 40 was the last bow I've purchased...and I don't see a new one in the near future.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.