Graybeard Outdoors banner
121 - 140 of 164 Posts
I was using 100gr Thunderheads and they worked great. But since, I've switched to 125gr Sonic Heads by American Broadhead Company, these broadheads shoot just like a field point so no extensive tuning required.

I work with a guy that's a field rep for red talon. He gave me a set, they have helical blades and are supposed to instantly stabilize the shaft. Gonna try them out and see how it goes.

I got 2 deer so far this seson. i shot a doe at about 25 yards with a magnus buzcut 100gr, hit her a little far back but punched the tip of the lung and it went all the way through and got stuck in her knee on her back leg on the other side, she ran about 100 yards and went down, it was a quortering towards shot. the other was a 6 point buck he was right under my stand when i let him have it, went in just to the right of his spine sliced the tip of his heart, came out the chest by his left front leg and stuk in the ground far enough he broke the arrow off. im goin back out tomarow huntin but im takin a crimson tallon, i had to buy a pack they look like there devistating. if i hit one with it this year ill let yall know.

I been using the cheap wal mart easton titanium 100 grain broadheads for many years now with no complaint. Between 8 and 9 bucks for 3 0f them and they fly great and have held together on the deer I have shot with them. As for mechanicals, the Rocket steelhead 100's never let me down.

I probably have owned almost every broadhead other than mechanical (losers). I antelope hunt in western Kansas and really like the way the 4- blade 90gr MUZZY broadhead performs. When hunting deer I switch to the MUZZY 100 gr 3-blade. These are tough, consistant, broadheads that fly very well for me with an old MQ-1 Mathews. :)

Attachments

I know some of you use or have tried the slick tricks
Has anyone tried the Grizz Trick by slick trick 1 1/4 cut

100 GR. 3 blade Muzzy.

been shooting shuttle T-Lock 100gr and Rage 2 blade 100gr
both shoot same as my 100gr field tips.
Think i will go with the rage for bigger target area.

I have always used the 10 dollar jobies at wally world 100 gr. This year 3 blade Rage, I bought them last year at the end of season. I only was offered a shot at a coyote I thought why not last day of season, I wanted to see what they would do. Well just as I released the arrow the yote took a step so yes a gut shot. The yote went 30 yards mostly in circles trying to figure out what the heck it was dragging. The entrance hole was about 3 inches or so which had to do with the yote not helping the hole any. The exit my geesh I literally stuck my entire fist through it, its entire gut bag was empty they all fell out. I can't wait to see what they do to a deer. Did you know that the guts of a coyote unraveled can reach the moon from here, well maybe not the moon but my lord they were strung from heck to breakfast.

Rage. I personally use the 3 blade but a friend uses the 2 blade and it leaves just as nasty of a wound. You get more of a big hole with the 3 blade and more of a big slit with the 2 blade. Almost looks like they got hit with a slug. I'm sold!

Thunderhead 100....Dont worry about it not opening.....Dont worry about it doing the job as long as I do mine. Plus Wally-world carries the 3 packs at a prretty reasonable price, and ive had luck resharpenening the blades by using vice grips with a stone and then finishing them on crock stix.

I take back everything I said about Rage. I had a great hit on a doe and the thing bounced off the deer, No I didn't shoulder blade it.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.