Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sako 30-06 and it says SAKO AV on the receiver. I believe it was purchased in the late 80's or early 90's. I never seem to see this action referenced in any threads, articles etc. not even listed when I go to try and find mounts for it. Can someone tell me if there is some other name or number for this action? Thank you. :?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Dustycuss: Are you sure the stamping on the reciecer isnt AII instead of AV everything shows the sako as AI or AII or AIII that I can see, :D JIM

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I'm sure

The roll stamping on the receiver is sort of slanted like italics and says
SAKO AV. It is very clear and in no way could be mistaken for AI, AII, or AIII. It is a push fed system with a drop open magazine.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I have looked thru 2 of my books on various rifles and those stampings I mentioned on the last posting are the ones being mentioned, I will try to look into some other books this wknd and see if I can come up with any other info. :D JIM

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also have looked in both the Shooters Bible and the Blue Book of Gun Values and there seems to be no mention, at least directly, of an AV.

·
Registered
169 Posts
:D Hey Dustycuss look on this site in the data tables they have the AV listed. http://www.sako.fi/ You will have to click on the little square on the far left at the top, then click on datatables heading on the right.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks pinduck. I have been to that site but the rifle listed is a 75 V. I cannot find reference to an AV. Sent an email to Sako but haven't heard anything back yet. If I just didn't find the right "page" on their site, please direct me again. Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Dustycuss On page 909 of the 2003 standard catalog of firearms,there is a table listed at the bottom of the page that lists the three actions as AI short action, AII medium action, AV long action and it shows the .30-06 as being an AV long action. Hope this helps.
Glen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts