Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
What is/are your favorite Encore chambering

Now that would be a tough one. But I would have to go with my 50 cal Muzzleloader. I can get other rifles to fill my needs. :D

·
Registered
189 Posts

I would agree with Redhawk1 and I have two reasons first here in NJ not allowed to hunt with pistols or rifles .. second my 50 cal Muzzleloader shoots as good or better than most off the shelf center fire rifles at 100 yards..so anything from large rat to moose its dinner with one gun..

·
Registered
2,128 Posts

I must say my favorite caliber is my 257 Ackley Improved. It is a very good shooter and is nice on the shoulder. I am also very fond of my 50 caliber muzzleloader

·
Registered
119 Posts

25-06 no question about it. Barely started working up a load and curently shooting 0.44 in group at 100 yards....I love 25-06 and have used that caliber for years with a bolt rifle. 100 grain Sierra bullet is super accurate and is an Elk slayer deluxe!!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts

My .243 Bull Barrel with 100grn Sierra GameKings. Tack Driver and always on zero when I need it.

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts

In a handgun barrel I really like the 6.5x55 and my favorite squirrel/varmint round is the 20 VarTarg. My favorite big game barrel is a 35 Whelen Ackley Improved. :D

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts

Encore rifle, 204 Ruger because it's accurate, same for my 7mm-08 Encore pistol...which is not in my 7mm-08 rifle barrel............ :?

·
Registered
681 Posts

For big game, I'd choose my 209X50 ML!

To have just for it's own purpose I'd choose my 204 Ruger barrel!
It's the most accurate firearm that I've ever shot!

My 221 FireBall is pretty accurate too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts